• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Programs won't open and Adobe support has yet to help me solve this!

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am beyond frustrated. I've been using Adobe Creative Cloud for over a year and it's all been smooth, for the most part. Suddenly about a week ago, I started to have issues starting some programs. It's as if Adobe will only open one program per restart. As in, if I open Photoshop, that's it. I can't open any other programs, they simply won't respond. I need to restart to use a different Adobe program. This is obviously frustrating. But to make matters worse, I've already reached out three times to Adobe chat support, and all three times was left without an answer. For instance, this last one I just experienced sent me an instruction page for a possible solution. The solution he sent me did not work, and by the time I got back to the chat, he had already signed out (like two minutes!). He did not wait to see if it worked, or if I needed help. I feel completely stranded. What am I paying Adobe for? I've spent all day staring at a blank screen that won't open Adobe programs. My job depends on these programs! I'm falling way behind on deadlines and feel at a total loss.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ask a question you need to provide some basic information

-Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system?

Recent Mac AND Windows operating systems have been known to cause "odd" problems

Are you using a computer Administrator account with full read/write permission?

Exactly which version of the program do you have that is causing problems?

What is the exact error message that you see?

You also may need to ask in the forums for the specific programs

Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. Sorry. Just had to let off some steam first I guess. Thank for the response. I am using Windows 7. During my conversation yesterday with an Adobe support chat it was suggested I try creating a new user to ensure that I am truly administrator. So now I most definitely am, and I'm still having the same issue in this new user. There is no error message. I simply click on the program icon and it doesn't respond (it gets highlighted as if it were clicked on, but nothing happens after that). It's totally random. Every time I restart my computer the issue is with a different program. I use Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere on a daily basis. I also noticed that when Photoshop does open, no preferences get saved. For example: When I use the shortcut G, and select the bucket tool, next time I click G the bucket should be selected by default, but the program returns to its default in which the shortcut G means Gradient. Hope that was clear...

Any clues to what the issue may be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, will the programs open if you right click on them and choose "run as administrator" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried running as administrator, but it still doesn't work. All the programs seem to be problematic on and off, but After effects is the most consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. BUT...I am using a Mac!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines