• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noninitiated Popup Prompt Problem - Delete Rejected Photos while Culling

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone Please help this is getting really annoying!!!

I've been using Lightroom since version 3, so I'm not new to it's functions.  Recently sometime late last year and currently an annoying thing is happening to me while culling my photos.  As I'm going through my photos in the Library module in the Loupe view mode as I've always done to flag my photos to keep or reject I get this annoying uninitiated popup prompt

irritating Delete Rejected Photos Pop-up.JPG

I will select "Cancel" to continue, but then it may popup again maybe 3 photos later.  When I'm culling I may zoom into the image using the cursor by hovering over the area then clicking.  This action will also seem to initiate the popup..  When the popup occurs the background photo will default to the first photo marked for rejection.  After I choose "cancel" Lightroom will return me back to the photo that I was currently on prior to the popup.  These popups seem to occur whether I'm culling in the Library module or performing some function in the Develop module.  The problem mostly occurs in the Develop module when I zoom or pan, but not as often.  I noticed that while culling in the Library module if I keep my cursor in Navigator pane and zoom using the "Z" key the popups do not occur.  If I move my cursor to select any other function I must avoid moving it over the image in the Loupe pane, so that the popups will not occur.  Yes, sometimes the error occurs by simply passing the cursor over the Loupe View.  Having to work around this problem is absolutely annoying.

Yes, I have reset my preferences several times and the problem still occurs.

I'm using Windows 10 and Lightroom CC 2015.8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are doing something, hitting a key or key combo, that is bringing that dialog box up.

Could be a stuck key on your keyboard or some keyboard software you might of installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Backspace key is the one that will bring that screen up. Could you be accidentally brushing across that key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not the case at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One piece of hardware that I failed to mention is that I also have a Wacom Bamboo Capture Tablet CTH-470 with driver version 5.3.5-3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem. I'm also using a Wacom tablet. Did you or anyone ever get to the bottom of this issue? It's driving me up the wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have gotten to a solution of sorts. If you turn off 'four finger swipe to change apps' in your Wacom tablet preferences it seems to stop this issue. I'm not sure how this works, but so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay scrap that solution. Doesn't work.

The problem seems to be certain strokes on the Wacom cause the popup, but I cannot for the life of me work out what it is.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a gesture on the tablet that translates as a Backspace? That sounds like it could be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you have got it Hal. I just looked through the gestures list and there is one for swiping forwards and backwards on webpages. With that turned off the problem seems to have ceased.

Many thanks,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines