Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to move or resize layers/images

New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

So all of a sudden I can't move or resize images. Usually I could just do ctrl + T and then use the squares to drag the image to specific dimensions, but i can't seem to drag them anymore. The hover icon does appear, but nothing happens after. The same goes for move tool; when I hover over the image my pointer changes, but when I click and drag the image just stays in its place.

I've already enabled the "Transform tool" in the upper toolbar and tried to reset the tools (individually and the whole set). Nothing seems to work. I even reinstalled Photoshop and the problem still occurs.

Does anybody know how this happens, how it can be resolved and how it can be prevented? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any error message?

Is it a Background layer, for instance?

Is this with one particular multi layered document, or all documents?

You have reinstalled Photoshop, but that does not overwrite Preferences.  I appreciate that you have reset all tools, but try resetting Preferences to see if that fixes it. 

If still stuck, can you tell us your Photoshop version and operating system please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply!

No, no errors have popped up.
It's also not a background layer.

I've tried it with different documents and they all have the same problem.

I've reset the preferences by going to Edit>Preferences>General(ctrl+K)>clicking on the bottom right button saying something like "Reset preferences when quiting" (My PS is in Dutch, so I don't know the exact wording)

The Photoshop I'm working is = PS CC - 2017.1.1-2017 version - 20170425.r.252 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump because fix is still needed. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and it just started last week. I've restarted photoshop and my computer and the only way I can resize an image is by typing the dimensions into the transform box. Super frustrating and inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can uninstall and then reinstall the Photoshop again.

Try to use REVO Uninstaller to uninstall the program and try to download a fresh copy of Photoshop and install again.
Don't install the same copy of the software you have in your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines