• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste text unformatted in after effcts

Explorer ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there any way to paste text from other applications but that does not keep the format?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

unfortunately No. in fact, no paste text unformatted in photoshop and illustrator too! hard to believe huh? just copy the text to a notepad or some other textfield that does not keep the format and then copy paste again.

join the revolution here and ask for it: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately No. in fact, no paste text unformatted in photoshop and illustrator too! hard to believe huh? just copy the text to a notepad or some other textfield that does not keep the format and then copy paste again.

join the revolution here and ask for it: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on a Mac try holding down Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + v to paste without formatting.

If you are on a PC try holding down Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + v

These are standard shortcuts and I'm pretty sure that they work in AE but it's not part of my workflow so I don't know for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked again, no dice.  AFIK there is no paste without formatting in Ae/Pr/Ps/Ai. if anyone knows any different, please let me know about it.

*Edit. this is now a feature in PS2018, next step - Ae and Ai please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years, I used the workaround of pasting my text in textedit using "paste and match style", which is basically textedit's version of "paste without formatting". Suddenly though, since a few weeks, that doesn't work anymore. Forcing me to either reformat every time, or type by hand. Which is very prone to errors. Since your post is from 2017, I'm surprised this still isn't a native function in AE. Any devs around here? Please note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't edit post for some reason, but I meant of course: pasting into textedit and then copying back to paste into AE as unformatted text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Essential Graphics may help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines