Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in Mask

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys!

I faced to a problem, I just confused. I have a footage inside a car. Driver is looking the outside of the car. I masked the car back windshield to make outside monochrome, also what I want to do is to add a picture out of the car )between inside and outside layer) as if the driver is looking to this picture. Here is what i did and you can see how I masked that. Outside is monochrome as well.

01.jpeg

In next step when I add picture between this two layers (Inside & outside) I see this:

02.jpeg

Here I have two problem, first of all it works for inside and not outside, second I can see some parts of this image even out of the car.

Then I chose "Inverted" for the mask layer (Back windshield mask), and the photo bellow is the result. Again two problem. First of all inside the car became monochrome. Second again I can see some part of the image, this time inside the car and even on the face of the driver.

03.jpeg

And the photo below is the result of choosing subtract for the Back windshield mask.

04.jpeg

I really confused. Where did I make the mistake? And how can I use the picture outside (outside should be monochrome) of the car with a lower transparency? I use Adobe after effect CC 2015.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Change your mask type to subtract instead of add. You may also need to copy and paste your black and white effect stack to the "outside" layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without actually going through your project file myself, it's hard to see what's going on here. But it looks an awful lot like you've got your layers mislabeled.

Go back to your first image and solo the "inside" layer. What does it show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Szalam,

Thanks for your message. Yes I'm agree with you, it's hard to see what's going on there without going through the project. I Here is the result of solo

05.jpg

So here we have 2 layers. Inside, Outside and the picture between them. If you see different mask layers in "Inside" layer is because I masked different parts of the car.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you need to change the order of your layers and how you're masking things. Your "inside" layer is actually showing outside the car and your "outside" layer is actually showing the inside of the car.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In thid case does "Inverted" option help me to invert inside and outside without doing extra work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change your mask type to subtract instead of add. You may also need to copy and paste your black and white effect stack to the "outside" layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. Problem has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines