Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MS Sandcastle/MSDN Lib-like look?

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2008 Sep 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have just installed RH 7 and am learning my way around. I understand that the latest version of ComponentOne's Doc-to-Help has a Sandcastle plug-in to generate web help that looks like the MSDN Library. Does RH offer anything like that?

Would it be a skin that RH would use to accomplish this "look"? (still learning, here! )

Has anyone created a skin like this? any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Kathy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 18, 2008 Sep 18, 2008
Hi, Rick!

Ditto on being able to say what Sandcastle help looks like! I had a request to make an app's help "look like the MSDN Library" ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx). ComponentOne's marketing materials made it sound like that is what Sandcastle is/does.

Bottom line, I downloaded the MSDN.Net skin on the Exchange site from 2002 and tweaked it as I think was needed. I am waiting to see what the requester thinks of the look.

Thanks for responding!

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2008 Sep 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy

Although I've heard of "Sandcastle", I'd be hard pressed to tell anyone what its help looks like. Because of that, it's difficult to say whether a skin may accomplish the goal of making WebHelp look that way. Skin or otherwise.

Can you please post a screen capture of what you are seeing and wish to approximate? If you can do that, perhaps we might be better equipped to offer suggestions.

The forum software doesn't allow images unfortunately, so you will need to place the images elsewhere and give us a link to view them. One such avenue is at this link.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2008 Sep 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, Rick!

Ditto on being able to say what Sandcastle help looks like! I had a request to make an app's help "look like the MSDN Library" ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx). ComponentOne's marketing materials made it sound like that is what Sandcastle is/does.

Bottom line, I downloaded the MSDN.Net skin on the Exchange site from 2002 and tweaked it as I think was needed. I am waiting to see what the requester thinks of the look.

Thanks for responding!

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp