Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 very slow, huge temp files

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Trying to work with a big PSB (3gb, lot of layers) the software is very slow, even with high end computer, ssd and memory.

I noticed that when loading the file photoshop creates 200GB (!!) of temps files, this obvisouly slows done the loading of the file, but I guess also when using the software it spend lot of time reading and writing all the time in this temp files.

Probably some very big bug here, is there something to do ?

I tried various things found on this forum (like disabling plugin, rulers, and stuffs) but nothing changes that.

Thanks you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send your specifications for RAM, OS, HD Space, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, high end cpu, 32Gb ram, 1To ssd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello there  i have a problem with my adobe photoshop program. Every thing is fine until I get into the editing part. It tends to make several temp files which takes up about 450Gb+. When I resize the images it takes a long time to complete and makes a big temp file. With the older versions of photoshop it wasn't like this is there anything you can do to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue currently.  Noticed that my 522MB psd file has a 4.7GB temp file attached to it.  This can't be normal can it?  What happens if I delete the temp file?  Will it affect the file I am working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.
600 mb PSD with several smart objects and effects bombs me with a 25GB temp-file, almost crashed my computer.
Specs: Laptop, 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ, GTX 960M, 512GB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. 25 GB is not enough free space for this resource-hog piece of a software.

i7-6700HQ, GTX 960M, 16 GB RAM.

I very much like how to every problem of this flagship product it's the users the ones that have to make the research and investigate the problems for Adobe corp. since they're always busy with other plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines