• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015.10 won't recognize tif and jpg files in the same folder on import

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a problem sorting files in Lightroom CC, so I upgraded to CC 2015.10.  Now when I want to import images, it takes about 10 times longer to display a thumbnail under this new version, and won't recognize two versions of a file that are in jpg and tif format.  I also can't import the original MP4 file that I made these other files from with the capture frame option on the previous release.

I would love to contact adobe directly, but they don't seem to have a chat or phone number option for support.

How do I contact them so I can get this problem resolved.

On another note, when I upgraded, I could no longer use my lightroom 5.6 for an older catalog.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

won't recognize two versions of a file that are in jpg and tif format. 

Set the option Preferences > General > Treat JPEG Files Next To Raw Files As Separate Photos.  Then in the Folders panel in Library, select the folder(s) containing the TIFFs and JPEGs, right-click and do  Synchronize Folder.  That will import the JPEGs as separate photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, unable to import MP4 files which worked under previous Lightroom release.  I get the following error message:

An unknown error occurred while reading the video file, connecting to dynamic link server failed (1)

GOPR3654.MP4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

won't recognize two versions of a file that are in jpg and tif format. 

Set the option Preferences > General > Treat JPEG Files Next To Raw Files As Separate Photos.  Then in the Folders panel in Library, select the folder(s) containing the TIFFs and JPEGs, right-click and do  Synchronize Folder.  That will import the JPEGs as separate photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John.  I had previously captured frames from a video and saving them as tif files, and they were showing up as separate files in LR.  I then installed LR 2015.10 today, and re-imported the files and came across this issue.  Problem solved with your helped.

However, I can't import the video again, LR fails to load it.  And I can't play any previously imported videos.  Note: I've only tried MP4 videos in both cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines