• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC prevents sleep (Sierra)

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seem that my Mac won't go to sleep if Lightroom CC is started.

In Activity Monitor it is noted that Lightroom prevents sleep.

This is annoying, can it be changed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Please uncheck "Prevent system sleep during Lr mobile sync" in Preferences>Lighroom mobile.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nikonmf,

Please take a look at this article If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple Support and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skærmbillede 2017-05-10 kl. 15.17.47.png

The above shows that Lightroom disables sleep, how to change this?

The slider for sleep, is not available on my new iMac27"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please uncheck "Prevent system sleep during Lr mobile sync" in Preferences>Lighroom mobile.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I guess that was the reason, so problem solved 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to restart Lightroom 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akash, is there a Photoshop Preferences Setting where I can set this. In opposite to nikonmf I WANT Photoshop to prevent Mac going to sleep - as long Ps has workload to do.

Otherwise when e.g. aligning ≥ 50 layers, Mac goes to sleep, even if 80% of layers to be aligned are left.

My current workaround is

caffeinate -i

in Terminal and I stop it by Ctrl-C if workload of Ps is finished. But it is very inconvenient, it is necessary to do this manually...

You may check by

pmset -g

on terminal, which software prevents Mac going to sleep and which not.

$ pmset -g System-wide power settings: Currently in use:  standbydelay         10800  standby              1  womp                 1  halfdim              1  hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage  powernap             1  gpuswitch            2  networkoversleep     0  disksleep            10  sleep                0 (sleep prevented by caffeinate, sharingd)  autopoweroffdelay    28800  hibernatemode        3  autopoweroff         1  ttyskeepawake        1  displaysleep         5  tcpkeepalive         1  acwake               0  lidwake              1

In this example it is only caffeinate itself and accidentally the sharing daemon. I ensure you, Photoshop has been running when copy & pasting this on a Focus Stacking of 60 images of a D850.

OK, <pre> does not work correctly in this HTML editor here, so, let's put it a bulky image in:

sleep-prevent.png

CU, Roland

PS: The <pre> tag in this editor does not preserve line breaks as defined by w3c. During editing ok. After sending, the line feeds are eliminated. I tried several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines