• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web Error - High quality GIF

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to export a GIF from Photoshop CC (2017) but I keep getting the following error message:

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 12.23.39.png

It is an image sequence originally rendered from After Effects CC (2017) - with images named from [...portrait_black_V2000.jpg - ...portrait_black_V2250.jpg].

I have kept the frame rate at 24.972 (what the original video file was set to) and each image is 2000x1600px.

I'm working on this machine:

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 12.29.50.png

I'm not sure what other info to provide, I've tried searching other forum posts but solutions seem to be very specific to the error/system.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Rosie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Yes I would think size has a lot to with your problem.  First of all video encoding  and playback is light years ahead of animated gif encoding and gif playback.   At 24.972 FPS.  If your video is longer than 5 seconds  you would most likely exceed Photoshop layer limit of 8,000 layers if your processes involved converting video frames to layers.  When Adobe first putout Fuse I played a little with it.  I created an animation that I imported it into Photoshop and rendered out a MP4 Video. The sh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the Adobe programmer has no clue as to what the error is do you?  Does the animation play in Photoshop's timeline give us a clue to what you doing.  You used AE to create and animation 24.972 FPS a video I presume.  How are you trying the convert the video in Photoshop into a frame animation so it can be saved as an animated gif which will not have great quality for GIF do not support great quality will map colors to 256 colors.  You video 24.947 frames you would not want all those frames in a gif. That gif would most likely be a bigger file than your video file and not play at the 24.972 FPS rate,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers, yeah I have no I have no idea either. I guessed it might be something to do with the size but not sure how to get around it.

Yep plays okay in the timeline. I am trying to get the video to play in an ipad/facebook mockup, it needs to be a GIF rather than a video file in order to play directly on my Squarespace site. Here's a frame from the timeline...

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 14.05.21.png

I have managed to do it with some other videos, however they are more simple and at about 50 frames each so I animated the gif by hand using the frame animation toolbar:

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 14.11.49.png

I reverted to this method for the video I've asked about (using 56 frames) but now the colour/quality output of the gif is screwed (ie white looks blue). I wonder if i've messed something up trying to fix the original problem as it was working well up until now...

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 14.14.22.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-10 at 14.14.44.png

Cheers!

Rosie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I would think size has a lot to with your problem.  First of all video encoding  and playback is light years ahead of animated gif encoding and gif playback.   At 24.972 FPS.  If your video is longer than 5 seconds  you would most likely exceed Photoshop layer limit of 8,000 layers if your processes involved converting video frames to layers.  When Adobe first putout Fuse I played a little with it.  I created an animation that I imported it into Photoshop and rendered out a MP4 Video. The short MP4 video file size was 17MB in size.  I opened that MP4 in Photoshop and converted the MP4 into a frame animation.  There were only 150 frames in the video animation.  When I saved the full size animated GIF.  The animate gif had poor color and where the MP4 File size is  17MB the animated gif file size is 26MB.  So I used Save For Web to reduce the frame size down from a height of 1800px to 400px the resized animated Gif file size is 2MB.

Capture.jpg

4Spock.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines