• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typeography

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i'm working on a typeography and I got the idea to get some of the words to change colors well its playing I have tried multiple things but its still not working any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

After you entered your text, select the text layer in the timeline and press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties of the text layer. At the top right corner of the switches/modes column in the timeline you will find the word "Animate." Click that and choose Fill Color>RGB. This will give you Animator 1, a range selector and a fill color swatch.

That will get you started. To learn more about animating text layers and get an A in your class use the Search Help field at the top right co

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're speaking in riddles. What have you actually tried? How are your "words" set up? What version of AE? what system? What else? you need to be a lot more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the color change effect tried doing other effects. my words are set up each word in a separate text box. ill have to check tomorrow on what version i´m using and get back to you on it. I´ḿ using a dell computer at school. My goal for this is to get it so when i play my typography the world will change color throughout the time it is to be shown. Hope this clarified a little bit

-Bree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you entered your text, select the text layer in the timeline and press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties of the text layer. At the top right corner of the switches/modes column in the timeline you will find the word "Animate." Click that and choose Fill Color>RGB. This will give you Animator 1, a range selector and a fill color swatch.

That will get you started. To learn more about animating text layers and get an A in your class use the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE and type in "animate text." You'll find a bunch of community resources and the help files. They will teach you how to efficiently animate text properties and you'll get much better advice more consistently than you will get from Google or YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

im using after effects CC 2015.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines