Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ram issue and services configuration

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I d'like to use new Adobe product version, but I got ram issue on all computer PC an MAC.

I do plan to use Illustrator and Photoshop not on regular basis.
For now I do still use CD version.

I have to buy a PC and a MAC and I need user recommendation about the ram / cpu recommendation as the minimum requirement not seems to be enough...

1-Is there a way to configure the cloud and related service not to run as service all the time?

(even stopping the service manually seem to always restart)

2-I have checked the minimum requirements for Ram for each program and this seems not to be enough
I have tried several brand New PC and all was sludgiest even if I was not using any ram demanding application

and I have tested on one MAC, a 4 yeards old MAC, this seems the one that was not really affected by the ram and there is not much ram in it.

So does only MAC can run the Adobe application without ram issue?

I understand this is always depending of what a user is doing the computer and I know that this is possible to set virtual memory.

I will need to buy 1 PC and 1 MAC so I need some user advice to select the appropriate hardware.

Does Adobe plan to offer version without the cloud service?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lena,

Please see System requirements | Adobe Creative Cloud

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Have you read my post or it's just an auto reply?

No it's not helping me as I said the system requirement is not enough

I tested your software on at least 6 computer that meet the requirement and the resource reached the top when the services are running...

**I'm  looking for user advice based on their real experience on a MAC and on a PC.

Also I need answer to point 1 about the services configuration so I can stop the services when I no need them.

I really need to make sure this is going to work on my next computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

be patient.

i moved your message to the hardware forum (which is a subforum of the premiere pro forum).  premiere pro is probably the most hardware demanding adobe program.

i don't see anything that indicates premiere pro is something you use, but you clearly are not interested in minimum requirements and if a computer can run premiere pro easily, it will run everything else adobe.

in addition, anything other than minimum requirements is subjective.  8gb is enough ram to run animate cc.  (that's my area of expertise.)  but i find 8gb inadequate for large projects because it can take 10 or 15 minutes to publish files and appreciable seconds to accomplish basic tasks in the ide.  i consider 16 gb minimum for animate and only work on a computer that weak as a last resort.  i use 64 gb ram.

anyone, opinions differ and you're asking opinions.  you'll hear from the premiere pro experts shortly (i hope).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact the problem seems more related to the cloud service and attached services that are always running in the back even when we don't use adobe software and this take a lot of resources for nothing.

I did some tests and I didn't see much difference when running illustrator or not, the culprit seems the cloud services, and maybe also when it's checking updates.

This may seems strange but the real problem is when I'm not using adobe product.

So if there is an easy way to stop completely the services  (on PC and on MAC) when I don't need it and start it when I need it that can be a good start.

Also if there is way to disabled update check...

Hope this is more clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are you checking?  cpu? memory? something else?

do you have sync enabled (fonts and/or files)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both CPU and RAM

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you see that causing a problem?  i don't see a problem.

Screenshot - 5_10_2017 , 9_39_52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 64g ram on 32bit your system reach 40% this is almost the half of the memory.
So imagine someone that only have 8 or 16g ram on 64bit...

Which OS and motherboard/cpu are you using?

Also on a PC I saw more adobe services running ...
Also I have tested on 64bit PC.

I guess On MAC it's took less resource  than on a PC.

Unfortunately I didn't take any print screen during my tests...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this system has 32gb ram and i had 12 apps opened (4 of them major ram users):

Screenshot - 5_10_2017 , 1_18_42 PM.png

actually, you should contact puget systems about your needs.  i highly recommend them for personalized service and i'm not the only one.  google their reviews, https://www.pugetsystems.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that will help me to select appropriate system!

Which monitor are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm using a 40x24in 4k wasabi monitor, Amazon.com: WASABI MANGO UHD400 REAL 4K HDMI 2.0 3840X2160 UHD Samsung PVA Panel 40-Inch Display Por...

it's a huge monitor and i'm extremely happy with it.

it replaced a dell UltraSharp U3415W 34in monitor that i used for about 4 months and is sitting on my floor if you want to buy a big monitor for cheap.  it has great reviews (like the wasabi), but i didn't like it.

i thought i would need a graphics card upgrade to drive the wasabi.  my monitor arrived first and while i was waiting for my graphics card to arrive, i connect to the mobo's (Asus Z170-A) graphics port and was shocked to find it allowed me to run the wasabi at the recommended 3840x2160 without a hiccup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines