• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking and Symbols

Explorer ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to do this a 1/2 dozen different ways, but either it can't be done, or I don't know how.
I have a side navigation that repeats throughout my application. It has the same 8 navigation points no matter where you are in the application.

I can set links from the side navigation on the Home page. That's not hard.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 1.07.56 PM.png

I figured, I should then be able to make the side navigation a symbol so that no matter where I am in the application, the side navigation is always there and always linked.

Instead, converting it to a symbol and disables all of the links.
Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 1.08.07 PM.png

How, can I make a common navigation menu that will work across all views?

Maybe my way of trying to make it work isn't ideal, but shouldn't this be something I can do? Otherwise, Ill have to set the links on every view.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've come across the same issue.

Creating a symbol will help but they should add different state options under the prototype menu.

I would love to see CSS code :link, :visited, :hover, :active or a drop-down menu to apply the different states.

One thing I've been doing is creating my boards in XD and building the interaction in After Effects. I know is extra

work but I get to use AE as part of my workflow.

I really want a large update to make MacOS and Windows 10 the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines