• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Box Jumps to 2-Column When i Try to Widen

Contributor ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me before but I can't remember why it's happening...

When I grab a side handle on a text box in InDesign CC 2014 on a Mac running El Capitan, the box width automatically jumps to double the width (and becomes 2-column instead of 1) instead of increasing the width to where I drag the handle. I'm sure it's a setting but I just can't remember what it is. And I'm not really sure why it would have changed without doing it purposely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Lloyd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Actually, that wasn't the problem. One of my people created an object style that forced the text boxes to be either one column or two columns (if the box was made wider even by 1 pt.). Unfortunately he no longer works for me, so it took a while to figure it out.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the text frame. Choose Object > Text Frame Options > General panel. In the Columns section at the top, it's set to either Flexible Width or Fixed Width. Set the menu to Fixed Number and set number of columns to 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. How would it have gotten changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, that wasn't the problem. One of my people created an object style that forced the text boxes to be either one column or two columns (if the box was made wider even by 1 pt.). Unfortunately he no longer works for me, so it took a while to figure it out.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines