• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blackout side panels on lightroom CC 6.9

Participant ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure where to post this, but anyone else get this error? i plagues me. i tried everything to fix it. deleted pref files, changed gfx settings, updated. easily reprodicible and happens often. no idea what causes it. what i do is minimize the app, open it up and its fixed i can see the side tabs but if i click on an image it blacks out the sides. frustrating problem.

lightroom black error.jpg

its become a real source of frustration, and happens quite often.

can anyone clue me into hwo to fix this?>

steps I've taken thus far:

i have deleted lightroom and resintalled it.

deleted pref files

when into pref and changed/disable gfx card acceleration

tried removing smartview thumbnails previews and or 1 to 1 previews, basically dumb it down as much as possible,

delete my catalog and make a new one

ran clean my mac, hoping ti would remove temp files causing issue.

and the final nail....restore my imac to factory settings, reload macos sierra and install lightroom, create new catalog, import images...and bam...same issue.

i give up. what else can i do??

Model Name: iM

Model Name:iMac
  Model Identifier:iMac14,2
  Processor Name:Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed:3.5 GHz
  Number of Processors:1
  Total Number of Cores:4
  L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
  L3 Cache:8 MB
  Memory:32 GB

Memory: 32 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom team is aware of the issue and is apparently working on a fix.

Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

wow epic fail on adobe. this problem existed in 6.8, yet failed to fix it in 6.9 so now we must wait for the next quarterly update and pray they fix it.

truly bums me out, this issue...like happens constantly. makes me want to leave lightroom for something better. almsot every udpate introduces new bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's intermittent. Not everyone has the issue and, of those those that do, not all the time.

Very difficult to diagnose and fix intermittent bugs. Understandably, if you are affected, it's a major issue for you but if the engineers cannot reproduce it reliably, it's tough for them to isolate and fix if it only happens under a certain set of conditions.

Seems like they thought it might be fixed in 2015.9 but it turned out not to be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is related to the filmstrip bug.  The issue was something I had not seen before, until last night when I made some changes to the view settings inside lightroom.  Someone posted a work around for me on the filmstrip bug and my disappearing modules issue also went away.  I was in Lightroom all day yesterday so I'm pretty positive they are related.Lightroom: Filmstrip is covering / overlapping filter- and breadcrumb bar | Photoshop Family Custome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To John Waller:  Not resolved in 2015.9 with Camera Raw 9.9.  I am having black out issues and its really getting annoying to work with Adobe CC version. Have been having this issue for months now and I'm almost ready to jump ship to Capture 1 software which is supposed to be amazing, or go to Canon DPP4.  I don't mean to complain, but stepping back to prior versions is unacceptable especially when you pay to have access to Adobe services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

godefroyb78573022  wrote

To John Waller:  Not resolved in 2015.9 with Camera Raw 9.9.

Correct. Not resolved. Adobe apparently hoped to fix it in 2015.9 but it did not happen. They're still working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

All prior suggestions for switching back and forth between modules and or toggling on-off menu options are from what I experienced, useless.

Victoria Brampton, a.k.a. Champion from the Lightroom community, suggest a roll-back to prior version.

I have yet to try this options and frankly a bit nervous about rolling back effects on my librairies, but I will give it a try this week.

Black outs occur regularly for me and it is quite annoying.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bugs​

I'll keep you posted if this worked out for me or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to a previous version will have no effect on your catalog or your images. You are just  installing a previous version of the program. That has no effect on any of the user files which includes the catalog and images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the black panel issue with the previous version of Lightroom. And now, with 2015.9, I'm seeing the same issue. HIGHLY annoying, and wasting my time. I work with large 360° panoramic files (1.5GB). Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the official work-around

Lightroom UI panels appearing black on macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the black panel issue with the previous version of Lightroom. And now, with 2015.9, I'm seeing the same issue. HIGHLY annoying, and wasting my time. I work with large 360° panoramic files (1.5GB). Please fix!

This is primarily a user-to-user forum, and Adobe product developers are rarely seen here. Please add your me-too vote and details of your configuration to the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa... . You'll be notified immediately of any changes in the status of the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really busy and paying quite a bit of $$ for the adobe suite. I find it quite unbelievable that this problem has persisted for so long. This really needs to get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This panel blacking out issue is a bit much when you consider the subscription costs... would *really* be nice to hear from Adobe as to when to expect this issue/bug fixed/resolved. We are now May 10 (2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to CC 2015.10 (released April 11, 2017) yet?

Lightroom CC 2015.10 now available

In the release notes at the link above, Adobe says

"Known issue

We have made progress in fixing the black panel issue as noted here and have reduced the chances that you will see the issue again.  Please do let us know if you see this issue in CC 2015.10 / 6.10."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is up to date:

LR CC 2015.10 Release

Camera Raw 9.10

Build 1111918

Mac El Capitan, ver 10.11.6

But yet the issue of the panels blacking out is still ongoing, was in fact made *worse* with the last update to 2015.10

Thanks,

Michel Soucy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let Adobe know by adding to the discussion on the official feedback forum for bugs.

Lightroom 2015.7+: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fam...

Give details of hardware specs and explain how things are worse for you with CC 2015.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have followed through John with your suggestion.

made worse due to prior to the update I had no problems....but thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of interest, any reason you're still running El Capitan?

I see Jeffrey Tranberry replied to your post in the bug forum that the issue seems to be fixed on Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no reason to do the upgrade... this might be a good time to do that, thanks John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it'll be very useful to see if you still get the issue on Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Just finished the upgrade a while ago and thus far no issues at all.....which is really nice.

Will post here should anything change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's encouraging. Perhaps post another follow up in a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow up to the blacking out of the panels.....

since upgrading my OS from El Cap to Sierra, no issues whatsover.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happening to me, it's only really started recently, since last update I suppose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines