• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same Gotham OTF Font Showing as Different Names Across Two Machines

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague and I are using the same Gotham OTF files, yet when she creates a file and uses it that I then open, despite having the same files active on my machine, I get an error. When I highlight the text in the INDD file, the name will show up with (T1) in the Character panel, which is odd, given this is an OpenType font.

I have absolutely no idea how to fix this. I've cleaned Font caches through Suitcase, I've dumped .plist nad AdobeFnt.lst files and restarted. Nothing I do ever allows the exact same font files load properly and it makes sharing files that we need to share for work impossible.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that there is a Type 1 font on her machine along with the OTF? I'd try packaging the file and see which fonts get collected. It could also be that there is some residual info in the file that could be cleared out with a save-as, or a trip through IDML. I'd try that first. And often when I get a file from a co-worker and it has a stray font, it turns out to be assigned to something like a space or a return. You can find those with Find Font in the Type menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She just recently purchased Gotham from Hoefler Type. Neither of us had it on any computer before this, so I don't see how that's possible. In fact, when I load the entire Gotham suite into Suitcase, it displays as "OpenType - PS" under Type. That "- PS" I'm assuming stands for PostScript, as outlined here: OpenType Features & FAQs | Adobe Type​. If I understand this, The OpenType font files have PostScript contain PostScript font outlines.

What I'm struggling with is how the exact same font files can load on her machine one way and on mine in another, because that's what seems to be the case here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this problem been solved? I am having the exact same problem, only mine is with a job I need to work on remotely on my laptop and then at home on my Desktop. It's amazingly frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix to this would be very helpful, I'm also experiencing this with a coworker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like these questions should be posed to the font vendor. It could be a poorly designed font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From this discussion these are across the board problems, regardless of font. My issue is with Lato. It shows up as TT missing on my computer and OTF missing on my colleague's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines