• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Data Rate of this file is too high for DVD

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help - I have Adobe Premier Elements 13 & it is loaded on a HP 450 Laptop with an i5 processor. I have been burning DVD's quite happily since my last glitch - solved that by getting a new lap top. Now I am getting this new error message - The Data Rate of this file is too high for DVD. The DVD is only an hour & a half so it is not huge (have done lots bigger in the past) - I have rendered the data all to no avail I keep getting this message. I have never had this error before but see that it has been around for quite some time but the fixes are all tech talk & I am a plain English type of old lady. Yesterday before I attempted to make my DVD - when I turned Premier Elements 13 on - there was an upgrade  - so I ran it - silly me!!! I have since uninstalled & reinstalled the program (without the upgrade) but to no avail - still getting the message  Now I am not tech minded so please can anyone help me in plain English? I have had to configure & burn my current DVD in Nero - I don't like Nero & the quality is so much worse than Adobe - but if these error keep up I am going to have to find some sort of user friendly software that does not have a mind of it's own like Adobe.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are using? What processor does your computer have and with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is the video? What are your Project Settings in Premiere Elements? (You'll find them under the Edit menu.)

Do you have Quicktime 7 installed, per the program's requirements?

How long is your movie? Are there gaps in your video in which there is no video?

What exactly happens when you try to create a BluRay disc and when does the program fail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera is a Cannon XA20

XA20

The XA20 is a compact, "run-and-gun" HD camcorder with an impressive optical performance from a powerful new Genuine Canon 20x HD Video Lens with a new 8-Blade Circular Aperture, capable of focusing down to just 23.6 inches (60cm). Other features include a 3.5-inch OLED Touch Panel Display with the equivalent of 1.23 million dots of resolution, tiltable electronic viewfinder, multiple HD/SD recording rates - including 24p for a "cinematic" look - together with a choice of industry-standard MP4 (up to 35 Mbps) and AVCHD (up to 28 Mbps) codecs. The high image quality and recording versatility make the XA20 ideal for independent and documentary filmmaking, as well as event videography and educational institutions.

In addition to reducing horizontal and vertical shaking, five-axis SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization eliminates rolling and other artifacts, for sharper images no matter how the camcorder is moved. A new automatic correction circuit can substantially reduce image distortion, thereby producing better-looking videos.

A detachable handle offers increased control functionality, with a built-in microphone holder and XLR-format audio inputs. Infrared shooting with little to zero ambient light offers additional flexibility during, for example, surveillance and wildlife projects; the detachable handle also includes an IR light.

Dual-band, built-in Wi-Fi® technology allows easy FTP file transfer and upload to the internet. And intelligent lithium batteries report remaining power and battery-wear levels in one-minute increments to the camcorder, thereby taking the guesswork out of battery management

Yes I have Quicktime 7.7 Installed

Movie is 1.5 - 2.00 hours long - no there are not any gaps in the movie.

I don't try to create a Blue Ray - I am trying to create a DVD. Apart from the program being painfully slow (Nero only took a hour or so - Elements took in excess of 5 hours). It says that it is encoding the data & burning to the dic & it gets to 98 % & the burn fails & I get the message The Data Rate of this file is too high for DVD.

AS I have said previously I have burnt at least 6 much longer DVD's without a problem & all of a sudden there is a problem. I am back to using Nero - the quality is crap - fuzzy pictures & difficult to produce the DVD - but have no choice because it appears that I have wasted my $'s on the Premier Elements program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think limit is 18 Mpbs for DVD. At least what I found out using AVCHD, and only about 20 minutes on a single 4.7G disk and normal DVD burner can be used, but BD player needed for playback.

There is a program called BitrateViewer that you can try and see where you are at with files you use - reads through and presents min and max bitrates that occur.

You would get confirmation if you are on the edge of what it can do.

If using constant bitrate you also have option to select bitrate and quality.

Some claim bitrate is more important than resolution. It might be worth trying 1280x720 to get good result.

PRE15 is what I bought, and soon abandoned for Nero Video 2017, and then PowerDirector 15 which I use now. Another option maybe if you don't come to terms with PRE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it sounds like you are no longer looking for advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no I am still looking for advice - easy to understand & non techy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like advice on burning to dvd. I have been trying for days. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines