Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF files not immediately opening in IE upon restart

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been setting up some computers for a library setting and I noticed a strange issue that's been occurring. Whenever the computers are restarted the next time a .pdf file is tried to be opened through Internet Explorer it fails on the first attempt. I have attached a picture of the error message that I see (apologies for the quality).

IMG_0619.JPG

Once I refresh the browser it will load fine, but upon any restart it fails that first time again. I tested using a different browser, Firefox, and this issue does not occur with that. The computers are running on Windows 8, using Internet Explorer 11, and I have encountered the same problem and message with DC and XI readers. By using Firefox or simply refreshing the page we can still work around the issue, but considering several of our users prefer using Internet Explorer and that the computers are set up to restart fairly regularly between uses, I was wondering if anyone might have some advice on how to resolve this or any similar experiences?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi nemoartyom,

Try following the troubleshooting steps given in the following links:

There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running please exit and try again. (0:521)

There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. Please exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and try again.

What is the version of Reader DC installed on the machine?

Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Update this discussion with the results.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines