• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows won't start LR for import

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this started recently after some updates were preformed to Windows 10.  When I plug my card reader in and insert a cart a windows dialog box opens that asked what to do  with the card.  I select import using light-room and now light-room doesn't even begin to start up.  This used to work just fine but now I have to physically start Light-room in order to import photos from the card rerader.

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ropes,

There's a setting within Lightroom which enables this feature for Lightroom users.

Open Lightroom > Edit menu > Preferences > General > Import option > Put a check mark on " Show import dialog when a memeory card detected".

Screenshot:

card reader lr.PNG

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1872628

http://forums.hexus.net/software/342770-windows-10-lightroom-fix-no-auto-open-when-memory-card-inser...

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines