• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bleeds

New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with exporting a booklet to a pdf. The printing company wants to have it so the document has all the pages page by page instead of spreads so they can put everything together. they also want to have 3mm on every side to cut of. I tried to use a 3mm bleed but ended up with a bit of blank on the left of the first page and with pieces of the page next to it. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this?Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 16.44.23.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use the InDesign Acrobat PDF Presets, select Pages (not Spreads) and under the Marks and Bleeds tab select "Use Document Bleed Settings".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm presuming this is a saddle stitched booklet. They probably don't actually need the bleed on the spine/inside, as there will be a fold there rather than a trim. If your ID document is set up as spreads, set your bleed to 3mm on all edges except the inside, and then do as Derek advised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like you first page art doesn't cross into the inside (left) bleed area. It should be something like this where the document includes inside bleeds and on export I'm checking Use Document Bleed Settings and including both Bleed and Crop marks:

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 11.44.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 11.36.29 AM.png

In Acrobat:

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 11.37.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines