Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to turn this image into a business card

Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey fellow Adobe Photo Shoppers,

I have an idea to turn this image into a business card that has the business information and services (more printing and design while still offering packing and shipping). In the middle of the printer I was going to have a slip of paper or some way to have it roll out with the business information on it. Is there a way that I would be able to make this into a business card with those extra aspects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello diggdug39,

Anything is possible and I like your creativity. Sounds like you are in need of a graphic artist or designer that specialized in preparing artwork for print. Working with a local printer could be a good start to figure out the best price for such a project. Not sure you will get the answers you are wanting here.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can give the illusion (effect) of paper rolling out of the printer with shading an warping.  The trick is to start with the rectangle and add the layers for shading and text, and make all those layers a Smart Object.  You can then Free Transform > Warp the Smart Object and its contents will all follow the new shape.

The contents of the Smart Object.  Note everything is square.

The shadows and highlights are painted on separate layers and Gaussian Blurred.  You need to start off with lines that extend beyond the background or the ends of the line lines will fade, but after blurring you will need to select the background, invert the selection and delete.  If you don't do this the Free Transform process will see the full area with extended lines, and you will not be able to make the required warp shape.

Transformation handles.

So that's one approach, but notice that the paper/card does not align with the printer at the bottom.  This is because the printer was photographed at a slight angle.  That is easily fixed though with Free Transform, or a better photograph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remember, business cards are small. If you have a big image like the printer, you're text might be too small to really get your message across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where can i buy the loo rolls? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip and the visual with instructions on how to do it. I wanted to be able to make the print roll that comes out of the middle of the printer longer so more information can be fit. How would I do that? Do I just make the height for the height of the rectangle longer? Also how would I change the look of the image of the printer so it's not the exact image of a printer? Below in the long rectangle is where I will have the information about what print services we offer. Too long for the Card Background? It will be rolling up and then customers can unroll it and read our information.

Thank you for anymore help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be rolling up and then customers can unroll it and read our information.

How much 3D will this be?  Who does the coiling?  How do you or the clients store away the card? A printed printer is a flat thing and has no compartment for paper rolls.

Take a piece of cardboard, a pair of scissors and some glue and make a model business card first. You will see what's doable or not.

A business card is one thing. A funny marketing gadget is another, it can be bigger and you have more freedom for the design.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the previous poster, I now have no idea what you are talking about, because you not given us sufficient information.

It sounds like you are describing the paper appearing to scroll out of the printer, so is this going to be an electronic card that someone would view on a smartphone or tablet?  You obviously can't make any part of a printed card scroll.

You say you want the 'image printer to look like it is not an image of a printer' but not what you _would_ like it to look like.  A wide mouthed frog perhaps?  That would work.

You could reduce the contrast of the printer using a Levels layer, and moving the Blacks output slider to the right like this.

If we are still off track, you need to give us a _lot_ more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Trevor you are definitely right about not being clear about what I would like it to look like. So here is what I am trying to go for:

I plan on making this into a card with printing information actually roll out on a slip of paper from the middle of the printer. This is not going to be an electronic card. As far as the printer I don't want it to look like the actual printer like it does now. I had an idea to make it more artistic with a more round look to the legs and sides but still so people know it's supposed to be a printer.

On the back of the card I thought that I could make a box with the same shape of the printer and put the packing and shipping information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good way of doing it-- and it looks really nice. I think another person posted that the text might be a little too small for a business card, but if it were for another project then it would work out splendidly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines