• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Animate flash Screen

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out how to create the effect seen on the lower right corner of the animate flash screen that pops up when animate first opens.  I want to create one with a black screen and a circle, kind of like a flashlight in the night, and when a child moves the circle around a jungle scene with animals is seen in the circle.  Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Try this tutorial AS3 Masking. or this one How to create a Mask Effect in Flash - YouTube

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's an animated mask over whatever display you want to reveal under the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say, "child," do you mean the child is the subject of your animation or the user who will be exploring with a flashlight effect by moving the cursor over the jungle scene? If it's interactive, you'll need to use code to attach the mask to the cursor. Here's a previous thread that addresses that Make a mask follow cursor / mouse movement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure he meant the child who is using the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Colin+Holgate  wrote

Pretty sure he meant the child who is using the application.

I figured as much, but I wanted to make sure to address the difference between animating the mask and making it interactive by attaching it to the cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this tutorial AS3 Masking. or this one How to create a Mask Effect in Flash - YouTube

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I'm looking for.  Thank you everyone here is awesome.  This is my first Animate project.  My school tasked me with it.  Two issues:  How do I turn the final mask to black(to similate night), and there seems to be a coding issue. 

animate.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Great!  Got it working.  But how to change the color of the final mask to black or any other color?  Or perhaps use another image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

correct, change the masked image to appear to be a night image.  or overlay a semi-transparent layer (and add it to the masked layers) over your image to give it the appearance you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 3.24.29 PM.jpg

Here are the tutorials it links too. Animate tutorials | Learn how to use Animate CC

But I didn't see a tutorial for the child. There is tutorials on how to use the camera though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol.  No.  But I was talking about the animated mask effect shown there.  The children being my students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines