Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics Templates AE to Premiere

New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created a custom lower thirds in AE which has 2 lines of text. The first line is the person's name and their title. The problem I'm having is that in AE I have the name and title as different font sizes in the same text layer but when I import that template into Premiere and edit it through the essential graphics panel, the font size changes to all the same size, which is the font size used for the beginning of the text source. Is am missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried 2 separate layers? That would probably be easier to manage in PP anyway - easier to designate what you are changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thought about that, but the title comes right after the the name so it wouldn't be positioned right for longer/shorter names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use an expression to position the second layer after the first. I don't have it off the top of my head, but it would be pretty simple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, thanks guys! All good ideas. I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Brian. use different layers. the functionality you want is not supported (yet, you might want to ask for it here)

BTW, you would notice in Ae that if you modify the slider, your text layer will readjust to what is supported. so you actually get to see the limitations while still in Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as for different titles based on position, you would need a bit of code for that if you are using 2 layers (which you must)

see the post here for a similar example: Re: Motion Graphics Templete with Symbols

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines