• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo album

Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to export photographs from Lightroom CC to make a book using Mixbook. The photographs need to be .jpg format and a minimum of 4mb and maximum of 15mb at 300dpi with a sRGB profile. When exporting from lightroom what all needs completed,checked,typed etc. I'm looking at Mixbook because it's looks to have the best options available. I want the best possible results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

At the moment, the only options necessary for you to fiddle with are:

Uncheck "Resize to Fit"

File format is JPG

Color space is sRGB

See if that combination of options gives you files that meet the specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file size in megabytes is not meaningful.

The file size in megapixels is the correct metric to be looking at.

300 ppi is certainly good, but not necessarily needed. 220 ppi works great in many circumstances. Even 150 ppi at times.

The important part is to make sure you are not cropping out too many pixels during the development of your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you quote the exact word-for-word requirements for the JPG photos from some specification provided by Mixbook? Better yet, show us a screen capture of said specification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos need to be in .jpg format. For best print quality, photos should be at least 4MB at 300 dpi. The maximum file size at this time is 15MB. Files are recommended to be in sRGB profile, but CYMK files are accepted as well. We also recommend for you to make any edits or color corrections prior to uploading your photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is utter nonsense, as also pointed out by @maniacjoe. It's the megapixels that matter, not the megabytes.

Nevertheless, I would recommend you export the photos leaving "Resize to Fit" unchecked, and a quality of about 80. If any of them come out at >15MB, which would cause Mixbook to reject the photo due to their moronic specifications, then you'd have to re-export the photo with some resizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at my computer to open Lightroom CC. But if I recall when exporting files there were a lot of options. This was the part that was confusing. What to add or not for the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment, the only options necessary for you to fiddle with are:

Uncheck "Resize to Fit"

File format is JPG

Color space is sRGB

See if that combination of options gives you files that meet the specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I forgot one:

set Quality to 80

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for the feedback I appreciate your taking the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines