• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcut for Non existing command in Win en_US Shortcuts.txt

New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for what's missing in the Help docs on this topic.

Where can I find a list of the valid names of all the menu items, as they would need to be referenced in the Adobe After Effects 14.2 Win en_US Shortcuts.txt.

Or, is is possible to map shortcuts to items that do not already exist in  Adobe After Effects 14.2 Win en_US Shortcuts.txt.

Adobe After Effects 14.2 Win en_US Shortcuts.txt
is editable, and this works well UNTIL...

For instance:

I want to map a shortcut to a menu item that does not already exist in this file.

What would be the command to map >Edit >Preferences >Video Preview

for comparison
>Edit >Preferences >General   is "PrefsGeneral" = "(Ctrl+Alt+;)"

from trial and error i've learned
>Edit >Preferences >Video Preview will not work with

"PrefsVideoPreview" = "(Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P)"

nor  "PrefsVideo" = "(Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P)"

nor  "PrefsPreview" = "(Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P)"

nor  "Video" = "(Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P)"

nor   "Preview" = "(Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P)"

nor   "VideoPreview" = "(Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P)"

(Note: I am well aware of the Numpad Slash shortcut to disable and enable this function. This is not a good solution for my problem. In my case, Monitor sharing for the group preview monitor in the center of our studio causes the prefered preview monitor to change when I switch away from it for someone else to use. So I often have to set this back to the desired monitor when it varies.)

(Also note: I am aware that there was a pre-existing mapping for (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P) and I have disabled that. It is not the reason this does not work.)

Thanks in advance for any lists, or insight on this.

Henry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Oooh, a Preferences selection.  That's going to be tough.  Very, VERY few people need a keyboard shortcut for something like that.  Preferences are something you usually set and forget.  They're just not accessed very often. 

This may be something you would have to do by a script, which isn't very efficient.  But people smarter than I am will have to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it that you find the controls in the Preview pane to be inadequate.  It would be nice to know what you want to accomplish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave! You're legend on these forums! Thanks for your attention.

What I need is a keyboard shortcut in AE that opens this panel, directly. Can it be done?

Right now the best I can do is a macro on my Nostromo.

Thanks in advance,

Henry

videoPreviewSettings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooh, a Preferences selection.  That's going to be tough.  Very, VERY few people need a keyboard shortcut for something like that.  Preferences are something you usually set and forget.  They're just not accessed very often. 

This may be something you would have to do by a script, which isn't very efficient.  But people smarter than I am will have to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Dave. See you around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a Blackmagic Design product that handles routing the video preview from the monitor at the workstation to a group monitor via the Blackmagic Design video routing software, but I'm forgetting the product name.  I'll see if I can track the name down.  I used at the Advanced Digital Services department at Directv, but that no longer exists since the merger with AT&T.  Of course, it also means having the BmD hardware as well.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help Warren. This solution would be a little off the mark for what I want, but I do appreciate your help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines