• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign generated toc won't update. option is greyed out

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indesign-generated toc won't update. option is greyed out, even when cursor is placed within toc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use the black Selection tool arrow to select the frame?

Did you make a ToC Style (really, a preset) when you designed the ToC?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply. When I use the black arrow, it does not work either. The only thing it will let me do is generate a new toc.

I did not create a toc style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. There is little to guess on here. Did you try exporting to IDML; opening the IDML file; saving as a fresh INDD document?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that; no difference. tried restarting program and computer.

using indd cc17 on a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried re-generating the ToC using a ToC Style yet? I am guessing with you, but CC017 has it's good share of bugs. For example, many go into preferences to turn off the Type Contextual Controls. This seems to upset the Mac version more. Couldn't hurt to see if it makes any difference. But again, that's a very wild guess, in the spirit of "it couldn't hurt"

BTW, have you explored various simple things like whether you are on the master page or not; or whether you are on the correct layer? Whether you are really in the text frame you think you are in?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ll give your new suggestions a try. I am confident that I am in the right text frame and layer. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines