• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE opening error PremiereProImport.plugin and Moca.plugin

Contributor ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both the latest CC2015 and CC2017 installed. On opening After Effects 2017 gives two plugin errors:

1. After Effects error: couldn't find main entry point for PremiereProImport.plugin (48::72)

2. After Effects error: couldn't find main entry point for Moka.plugin (48:72)

Can't seem to find anything online or in these forums. Thanks for helping!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did it start doing this?

What OS are you using?

Does it work otherwise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I know better. I should have given that info.

OSX 10.11.6

I seldom open AE. I'm needing it now because we have projects that have been sent to us with all the AE assets and I need to replace some graphics and text. So the first time I opened AE 2017 was right after the last CC2017 update. AE 2015 opens fine, no errors, but the projects I'm needing to work on were created in AE 2017.

Premiere Pro 2017 seems to be working fine though, along with Photoshop and InDesign. I have not opened any other CC2017 programs yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work once you get past those error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the project file I was tweaking was created in CC2015 AE I just open it instead as a workaround. I am not a motion graphic designer, just tweaking what a colleague in another country created.

I have more AE projects I need to tweak, so I will try to use AE 2017 on the next one and see what happens next week.

BTW, these two error messages about the plugins appear just opening AE with an empty slate.

I am also having problems (and have posted in Premiere Forums) with the Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere, but Premiere actually loads fine. It just keeps crashing using EGP. Don't know if these are related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now switched to AE2017. Continue to get these error messages regardless if I'm opening a existing project or not. I can't really give the program a true test since I'm really an AE newbie, but I have an motion graphic designer coming in next week to finish this project tweaking, so I need to make sure AE is working perfectly.

Here are the messages while opening AE 2017 (2017.2) on a Mac (10.11.6):

AE error1.jpg

AE error2.jpg

This window shows it happens during "cleaning up" on opening? Does this better help to diagnose problem?

AE plugin error.jpg

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response.

This sounds like a job for Adobe support. Please let us know how it goes with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. I haven't called Adobe support in years, mainly because they didn't seem very helpful or knowledgable. So I gave up. I'm sure things have changed, so maybe it's time to give them a try again.

I'll try to remember to post back when I find the solution. I'm guessing I may need to reinstall the apps on a clean system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I've heard, they're not super-helpful with app-specific issues, but they're usually good with technical-support/getting it actually working issues.

You might try uninstalling, running the Adobe CC Cleaner tool, manually digging into every nook and cranny and deleting anything Adobe-related that remains, and then reinstalling too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Szalam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glitchdog,

Did Adobe support assist you with this issue? What helped you solve it? Or do you still need help? Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up with Glitchdog: another user fixed this by uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects. Please try that!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin for following up with this. It ended up the freelancer we are using is helping us from home. So I have not had time to get back to it.

I think I have resigned myself that I should actually do a complete wipe and re-install of everything, including Adobe content. Normally on this main editbay system I like to do a fresh install with every major OS update. I've been getting lazy and super busy, so haven't done that in a while.

Thanks again for checking in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us know if you get the issue resolved Glitchdog.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been suddenly having the same warnings when opening After Effects. I've deleted and reinstalled both Premiere Pro and After Effects but still get these same messages when opening AE. It started I noticed I did not have any animated presets for text in AE, I uninstalled and reinstalled AE and that's when t started giving me these messages upon start-up.  Both Premiere Pro and AE are the latest greatest versions from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this problem, at least for me. I deleted both plugins, uninstalled AE, reinstalled AE and all is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back RD Edits.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines