• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Handles for lighting effects not showing

New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you tell me to update the driver for my graphics card, already did.

When I go into lighting effects the handles will not show at all, unless I am actively clicking & holding the spotlight/point/etc. Therefore, I cannot resize, change the intensity, etc. Forgive the pun, but it's a total shot in the dark. Please help! I've tried uninstalling and re-installing photo shop, didn't do anything. My driver for my graphics card is up to date, and my version of photoshop is up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I have done nothing to change anything, but now the handles won't even show when I click. I have no option to move it around or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system? Workflow? (e.g., Filter > Render > Lighting Effects)

So the handles don't appear until you're actually moving the light? If I recall, point lights don't have handles; spotlights and infinite lights do. Anything different happen when adding more lights?

Lighting Effects needs your GPU so there might be something up with the drivers themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, nothing shows even if I'm using spotlights and infinite lights.

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit.  I updated my drivers for the GPU and everything else I could possibly think of that would effect it.

I was able to get around it by just putting my finger on the screen where the handle was when I had it clicked and then keeping it there until I found it with my mouse - obviously not a long term solution

Not sure what's up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a touchscreen? Have you tried disabling it via Device Manager just to see if that's interfering in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines