Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional statement based on xmp data

New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am used to scripting but i am new in photoshop javascript.

I need to set up a script to open an undefined number of camera raw images (CR2) and apply different actions based on some xmp data (in example, depending on the presence or abscense of a specific "keyword" in the xmp data)

Can anyone help me? maybe a clue about how to read the xmp data of the CR2 file? I am sure this must be a very simple script but I feel lost with the information I read in the forums.

Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

It seems you want the metadata when a file is opened in Photoshop, if so here are the basics...

#target photoshop;

if(documents.length){

if (ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript == undefined) ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject('lib:AdobeXMPScript');

var xmp = new XMPMeta(activeDocument.xmpMetadata.rawData);

var shadow = xmp.getProperty(XMPConst.NS_CAMERA_RAW,"ParametricShadowSplit");

var exposureValue = xmp.getProperty(XMPConst.NS_CAMERA_RAW, "Exposure");

var keys = getArrayItems(XMPConst.NS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Question moved to the PS Scripting forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it would be possible. You would have to find the correct syntax for displaying the keywords in the metadata. I've done a little with with metadata, and it drives me nuts trying to figure out the correct syntax and namespaces to use. You might want to ask you question in the XMP SDK forum: XMP SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are Photoshop posted on the web the parse EXIF metadata. You could download them and look ate the code. I would think that Paul Riggott's  "Metadata"  scripts would be also be a good ones to look at.  He is  an expert scripter GitHub - Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts: Photoshop Scripts

Be careful it you insert and remove move data in a metadata field Adobe intentionally broke Photoshop scripting in CC 2015.5.  If removing your data would result in the metadata field becoming empty again.   Photoshop will no remove your data as of this change.

Photoshop CC 2015.5: Script Metadata assigment error | Photoshop Family Customer Community

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you want the metadata when a file is opened in Photoshop, if so here are the basics...

#target photoshop;

if(documents.length){

if (ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript == undefined) ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject('lib:AdobeXMPScript');

var xmp = new XMPMeta(activeDocument.xmpMetadata.rawData);

var shadow = xmp.getProperty(XMPConst.NS_CAMERA_RAW,"ParametricShadowSplit");

var exposureValue = xmp.getProperty(XMPConst.NS_CAMERA_RAW, "Exposure");

var keys = getArrayItems(XMPConst.NS_DC,'subject');

for(var a in keys){

//amend the match for your keywod

if(keys.toString().match(/key1/)){

//things to do if keyword found

alert("keyword found");

break;

} 

}

};

function getArrayItems(ns, prop){

var arrItem=[];

var items = xmp.countArrayItems(ns, prop);

for(var i = 1;i <= items;i++){

arrItem.push(xmp.getArrayItem(ns, prop, i));

}

return arrItem;

};

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to suggest the following script:

Siva's Photoshop Conditional Action: Siva's Photoshop Conditional Action

However I was not having much luck with getting it to work as intended.

Adding to SuperMerlin’s post (replacing line #12):

app.doAction("My Action","My Action Set.atn")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MetaData is a convenient place to store information for the different document you are currently working when you switch between documents you use data relative to the active document. Scripts can insert and remove information they can use future executions or instruction to be used by other scripts.  I do this in several of my script and I chose to use the meta-data field instruction. My scripts all use that metadata filed they carefully insert and remove their data in the instructions they preserve any other data there.  Adobe broke that in CC 2015.5.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome guys, the solution of SuperMerlin worked perfect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines