• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Presets gone

Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I updated to the latest version of LR and all my presets are gone.  (I'm pretty sure this did not happen the last time I updated?)

Anyway, I have regular backups, so here's what I think I need to do now. 

1. Save the current updated catalog;

2. Open an old catalog;

3. Copy the presets folder from this old catalog to a thumb drive;

4. Close the old catalog;

5. Open the new catalog, and

6. Replace the current preset folder with the folder I saved on my thumb drive. 

Is this correct?

And how do I prevent this happening the next time I update?   Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Presets are not contained in a Catalog - so opening 'old' or other catalogs will not necessarily help, other than to help locate your presets.

The Presets that a Catalog shows will depend on the Preferences option in the ‘Store presets with this catalog’ checkbox.

The location of presets is described in the chapter- "Your Presets and Templates" at this link-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/backup-lightroom-files/

To prevent this happening the next time I update?

Make a copy backup of your Presets fol

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Presets are not contained in a Catalog - so opening 'old' or other catalogs will not necessarily help, other than to help locate your presets.

The Presets that a Catalog shows will depend on the Preferences option in the ‘Store presets with this catalog’ checkbox.

The location of presets is described in the chapter- "Your Presets and Templates" at this link-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/backup-lightroom-files/

To prevent this happening the next time I update?

Make a copy backup of your Presets folders (after you have found them!) so it can be restored at any time, or copied to a laptop installation of Lr.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines