• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile sign in on Desktop

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CC and I cannot log in to Lr on my desktop. My iPhone 6 logs in OK but when I try on Mac it just greys out and fades away when I input my log in details. I am only using one library.

All help appreciated

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With CC you log-in or Sign-In with the Creative Cloud Desktop App.  (Click the Gear-wheel icon and select 'Preferences')

Is this not working for you?

To see the images you have synced to Lr mobile on the web, you would open Safari (or a browser) and goto Adobe Photoshop Lightroom  and sign-in.

Or you can get to this same link in your Lr Collections panel by a Right-Click on any 'Sync' icon beside a synced collection  and choose- {Lightroom Mobile Links > View on Web}

eg. I have a Book Collection synced to mobile. R-Click the sync icon for the menu-

ScreenShot264.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am signed into CC.

The problem is that I cannot sign into Lightroom on the desktop application.

I dont have any collections as yet but I have set up my iPhone to sync photos taken on the phone to a specific collection.

As I cannot sign into Lightroom on the desktop, this collection doesnt appear.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete, I am struggling to understand your problem- "I cannot sign into Lightroom"

You say- "I am signed into CC."  This would mean you are signed-in to the Creative Cloud and in effect activating Lightroom on the desktop computer.

You would normally open the Creative Cloud App on the desktop (if it has not loaded automatically with computer start) and click on the [Open] button to run Lightroom. There is no second step to 'sign-in' to Lightroom. Once signed-in with the CC App,  Lightroom will remain activated until you 'sign-out', but you never need to 'sign-out' unless other problems occur.

Are you trying to access the desktop computer from your mobile device? This is not possible. It is not how Lr Mobile functions.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, sorry if I sound confused.

On my Mac I have Adobe CC open and I am signed in. I can see all my apps, preferences, account OK.

When I click on Lr it opens up ok.

Up in the top LH corner it says "Get started with Lightroom mobile"

When I hit the twisty the dropdown asks me to sign in and a pop-up window opens up asking for my email and Adobe password.

I input these and the pop-up window just all greys  out and nothing happens.

I hope this is clear

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these the dialogs you are seeing?

More specifically the second one, upon which the operation simply times out?

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 7.14.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-12 at 7.14.40 PM.png

Try the following. With nothing else running on the machine.

Open the Creative Cloud application and go to its preferences.

Click Sign Out

Then go to your applications folder and launch Lightroom.

You will be promoted to sign in to Creative Cloud in a pop up window.

Do so.

Then when you are presented with the pop up in Lightroom to sign in for use of Sync, try again to sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe CC running on the Mac I see the second of the screenshots when I hit the twisty. When I input the info on this it turns grey and hangs. I have never had the first screen shot. I tried what you suggested.

I have checked and my Lr is CC version when it opens.

Its as if Adobe CC has my lightroom subscription up to date, but the version I open is not linked back to CC, if that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, when you open the Activity Centre (click on the Identity Plate), what status is the first entry "Sync with Lightroom mobile". When sync is enabled you should see the pause button, but if you see "Start"  or "Paused" try clicking on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, when I open up the window from the Identity plate, at the "Sign in with Lightroom Mobile" line it says Sign In.

When I try to sign in this is when it greys out and hangs.

The other two lines Address Lookup and Faces are paused.

I launched Lr from the CC window to make sure I was downloading from the app.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next thing I would try here is to uninstall Lightroom and then reinstall. You won't lose catalogs.

To uninstall, follow the link in the Creative Cloud app.

Screenshot 2017-05-14 12.43.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorted!!  I un-installed Lr as suggested and then relaunched it from CC.

This time when I opened it, it showed my name in the top left hand corner and my collection set up on my phone has now appeared. I must have been linking to a version of Lr that didn't recognise me or that I was signed in through CC.

Thank you for all your help, I appreciate it greatly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have same problem as Pete. The only difference is that I am using Lr 5.7.

The Lr mobile was working just fine, I had synced many images and I could work on them on the go. But now I'm just not able to sign in. The sign-in window just goes grey.

The CC app on my desktop is Version 3.8.0.310

My Mac OS is V 10.8.5

Now I don't know if it is due to a stand-alone Lr version, it was working just fine a few months back. I have not gone to CC version as my OS needs to be updated and I don't know if the hardware will take the latest from Apple.

I know im mostly wasting money by not using CC but im hoping there is a way to fix it without an upgrade.

If you need i can send the Diagnostic Log file, if it helps.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not gone to CC version

Sync to Mobile is not available for 'Stand-alone' Lightroom.

You must be a Creative Cloud subscriber to have mobile sync.

If you were previously connected, you may have had the 30-day free trial working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I am a Creative Cloud subscriber.

I used mobile sync with my 5.7 for a long time, after finishing trial.

Maybe it won't work without the 6.something upgrade.

This is frustrating. Adobe hasn't got any support to get quick resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I cannot be of more help. I am not a 'Mac' person and do not have an answer for you.

Maybe others more experienced may help.

Ask your question again in a new thread post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next thing I would try here is to uninstall Lightroom and then reinstall. You won't lose catalogs.

To uninstall, follow the link in the Creative Cloud app.

Screenshot 2017-05-14 12.43.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines