• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom has stopped working notification

New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Lightroom 6.0 Windows / Mac OS. I downloaded the program and upon start up I receive an notification stating:

"Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutions is available."

There is no error code or link to follow with this message.

When the message is closed out the program closes with it.

I have tried restarting the program and my computer several times.

Disk install on Windows 10.

I don't like the sound of being notified "IF" a solution is available with a brand new program I just purchased.

Is there any way to correct this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have installed the lastest version of Lightroom. This is at the moment 6.10

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

In many cases it is a incompatibility with the graphoc card or the graphic driver.

Take a look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting​

Regards

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the 6.0. Could it still be the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one can answer that for certain. Why not update and see what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

autreyfamily  schrieb

It is the 6.0. Could it still be the same problem?

Can be or not. Please update to the actual version and try. If it isn't work we can go further.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the sound of being notified "IF" a solution is available with a brand new program I just purchased.

That's standard Microsoft-speak for lots of software issues of this nature, not just Adobe software. All software contains bugs regardless of when you purchase it. Sometimes those bugs trigger warnings like this which could be better worded. No need for alarm at this stage. Just some detective work using the extensive help available online via Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the problem only when going to the develop module. When I realised the only change was an updated driver from my Radeon video card I disabled the gpu graphics processor acceleration the problem seems to be gone for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines