• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud Application Doesn't find updates. Everything seems up to date.

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'am a full yearly plan subscriber for Adobe CC. Today I've noticed that Adobe site says about After Effects 2017,2. But my creative cloud application says the only available update is Adobe Fuse CC.

First of all, I've searched this topic in forums deeply. I've take every step what forum suggestions say including:

1. sign out, re-launch, sign in again. (Not worked)

2. Updating Adobe Creative Cloud Application, (not worked)

3. Cleaning ?/Users/<User>/AppData/Local/Adobe/OOBE (Not worked)

4. Manually check App Updates via the CC App. (Not worked)

5. Check inside After Effects (Not possible because it was grayed out)

6. And finally Uninstall And Reinstall After Effects. (Yes it's worked)

6th step has worked. But i don't know which app is up to date which is not.

I'm really upset for this issue. This is the second time I've experienced that. First time I was able to reach updates from CC App But this time nothing solved this issue.

Eventually, please can Adobe publish a version history page to make us manually track what software is up to date or not? Because Adobe CC App can't.

And It's really annoying and boring to spend much time on technical issues so often. And also I don't have to be a computer technician to solve this issues. I just want to use my software as efficiently as possible.

By the way, still everything seems up to date but I know They aren't.

I know that is an old topic but still not solved.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what update you think is available to the public that you're not able to install?

why are you doing anything other than opening your cc desktop app > clicking the gear icon > click check for app updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4. Manually check App Updates via the CC App. (Not worked)

kglad  wrote

why are you doing anything other than opening your cc desktop app > clicking the gear icon > click check for app updates?

This didn't work. This is why i'm doing other than that. cc desktop app says: everything is up to date but not.

kglad  wrote

what update you think is available to the public that you're not able to install?

That one:

01.jpg

And that one:

02.jpg

And that one:

03.jpg

And a specially that one:

04.jpg

I've updated them via uninstall / install method. When i clicked uninstall (the gear icon beside the app uninstall command from the dropdown), cc desktop app uninstalled AE 14.0.1 and when i click install cc desktop app installed 14.2. As you see, I've already missed 14.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Archive the AAMUpdater folder in the associated User account.  The contents of these folders will be re-created the next time an update check is performed.  If the folder isn't re-created, then your file permissions for the AAMUpdater folder need adjustment

Mac OS

In the Finder, select the Go menu and choose Go to Folder.

Enter the following location: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater, not /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater.

Select the 1.0 folder and rename it to ~1.0.

Note: Do not rename the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0 folder. Removal of this folder prevents the Adobe updater from detecting updates for your currently installed Adobe software titles.

Windows

Go to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater, not C:\ProgramData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0 folder.

Select the 1.0 folder and rename it to ~1.0.

Note: Do not rename the C:\ProgramData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0 folder. Removal of this folder prevents the Adobe updater from detecting updates for your currently installed Adobe software titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not working.

Anyway "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0" is empty. But I haven't t deleted anything in that folder.

Today I've got an email about really important bug fix for premiere pro (11.1.1) which is about media cache files. And still Updater doesn't recognize that. And still the Update menu is grayed (disabled) in Premiere Pro -> Help -> Updates.

It's really annoying. Any other suggestions?

Sadly, I think i will try uninstall/reinstall method again.

Edit: As you said I renamed the folder (1.0 to _1.0). Then quit CC Desktop App. Reopen as admin. Check for updates. Folder not created. I know because I gave admin rights it manually not by the CC Desktop App preferences. But when i uninstalled and re installed Premiere Pro Folder Created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines