• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cropping portrait images

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to crop my portrait images from the top. The crop tool works on the bottom of the image, then as soon as I move my arrow to the left, center, or right bold "crop tabs" on the top of the image it no longer works. I've tried various dimensions and locked and unlocked the aspect ration padlock. If anyone has answers please let me know! Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

When you started the crop on the bottom was there any image rotation involved?

Check the angle shown in crop settings,even a small 0.03 angle will not be visibly apparent but can cause the below problem:

When you rotate the image when cropping the 'handles' cannot be moved outside of the image area.

So if a corner is already touching a boundary you cannot expand the crop horizontally/vertically based from that corner without first re-positioning the crop area within the photo (or change rotation s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen-capture where we can see the issue?

What is your exact version of Lightroom?

What is your OS?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you started the crop on the bottom was there any image rotation involved?

Check the angle shown in crop settings,even a small 0.03 angle will not be visibly apparent but can cause the below problem:

When you rotate the image when cropping the 'handles' cannot be moved outside of the image area.

So if a corner is already touching a boundary you cannot expand the crop horizontally/vertically based from that corner without first re-positioning the crop area within the photo (or change rotation slightly) so that no corners of the crop area touch the outside boundary of the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines