Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type reversing color in render

Participant ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to AE and running into an odd problem I don't understand and cant' find in a search. I am setting black type on a white background. It looks fine in preview but pre-renders as white stroked type against a black background. Here are two files to show. Any ideas? first is what I want, second is what I'm getting. thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 12.07.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 12.07.35 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Thanks. the rest of the video is totaly fine, just the test is messed up. I just tried again and instead of pre-render I added to render queue. It looks like the same procedure, but this time worked. There is much I don't yet understand about rendering, but maybe the pre-render has different preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

based on your screen grab this looks like you're rendering with a straight alpha channel. Try adding a white solid to your comp behind the text and rendering again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. the rest of the video is totaly fine, just the test is messed up. I just tried again and instead of pre-render I added to render queue. It looks like the same procedure, but this time worked. There is much I don't yet understand about rendering, but maybe the pre-render has different preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines