• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tables for Data

Participant ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using XD for a couple weeks now. For the most part I'm quite impressed. It's as if Adobe has been secretly recording my thoughts about how a useful prototyping tool should work.
My familiarity with Illustrator makes this tool seem quite natural to me.

However, there's a capability that is missing: at least I've not found it yet. For that matter, it's always been missing from Illustrator as well.

I'm talking tables. While the table tool works okay in InDesign, the fact it's missing from Xd is a shock.

My prototyping involves displaying large amounts to tabular data. The repeat grid tool is not sufficient for handling the volume of data.

Seems like the table tool from InDesign could be used?

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can vote for your features here. Also provide the team with info on what you would like to see implemented.

Lists and Tables – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Google UI Structured Table – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran the voting tool is not working on Lists and Tables – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs there's way more comments that votes... please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. Let me check with the team and get back to you. I am guessing that the reason for this is because the status is set to action-required.

Also see ​Data grid/table component with core functionality – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm here looking for a table tool of some kind. Do I have to use a plugin at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The closest plugin I know of is https://googlesheetsforadobexd.impekable.com/ which might be enough to solve your need. 

I have always just used repeat grids for my tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On December 2, 2022, I tried that link, and the edgidesign.com website is dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theres is a plugin for that; generate data tables with dummy or real data from a CSV file

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NIxnSaWH4&t=9s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines