• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot make Photoshop a plug-in for Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Double-click the ps_picker.lrdevplugin.zip file to unzip it.

• Launch Lightroom and select File>Plug-In Manager.

• Click Add to install the plug-in.

• Select File > Plug-In Extras > Select Photoshop for Edit in Photoshop.

• Click Select and navigate to the version of Photoshop running on your main (boot) drive.

• Click OK to dismiss the dialog.

• Relaunch Lightroom for the change to take affect.

The above instructions from Adobe do not work on my MAC. After I relaunch Lightroom, and select "Select Photoshop for Edit in Photoshop," a dialog box pops up where I select Photoshop, and then I have to relaunch Lightroom again. Then I go over the same steps but it never allows me to actually move the photo to Photoshop for editing. Not in the Library or Develop Module.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Thanks. I was following Above instructions. I had been working on my computer without rebooting for some time. I rebooted the computer as well as rebooted Lightroom, checked Photo > Edit in, and the option was there. I appreciate input from both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never heard of having to install a plug-in to make Photoshop work from Lightroom. What version of Lightroom and Photoshop do you have installed? Are you sure these instructions came from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version from of both. As johnrellis noted, the instructions were from Adobe. Rebooting my computer may have solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike is referring to this Adobe help article: Edit In command doesn't open your image in Photoshop | Mac OS .

That plugin just changes LR's configuration to tell it where Photoshop is actually located.  After running the command Select Photoshop For Edit and restarting LR, you then should be able to use the standard LR commands (Photo > Edit In) to open photos in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was following Above instructions. I had been working on my computer without rebooting for some time. I rebooted the computer as well as rebooted Lightroom, checked Photo > Edit in, and the option was there. I appreciate input from both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Photo > Edit In is now working for you as expected?  (I agree that Adobe's instructions aren't very clear on that point.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the aforementioned instructions to the letter, but the option "Edit in Photoshop" is inactive. When I follow the sequence "Select File > Plug-In Extras > Select Photoshop for Edit in Photoshop", when I reach for the file where the Photoshop is stored on my main drive, I choose the file "photoshop.exe", since there is no relevent file ending in *.app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the aforementioned instructions to the letter, but the option "Edit in Photoshop" is inactive. When I follow the sequence "Select File > Plug-In Extras > Select Photoshop for Edit in Photoshop", when I reach for the file where the Photoshop is stored on my main drive, I choose the file "photoshop.exe", since there is no relevent file ending in *.app. 

By @Nikos Tzianakakis

This is a really old (and somewhat confused) thread. 

Please start a new one with your specific issue, version of Lightroom Classic and OS. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines