• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Cinema4D Renderer Doesn't Work on 2016 Macbook Pro Radeon 460

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my 2016 new Macbook Pro (macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and Radeon Pro 460), when I change my renderer in After Effects 14.1.0.57 (CC 2017.1) to CINEMA 4D, I get the infamous error message, "3D layers may not render correctly because an older CINEMA 4D render engine is running."  Of course, I don't have any other versions of CINEMA 4D apart from the one automatically installed with After Effects.

After that, trying to render a single preview frame of text takes an eternity (literally 20 seconds to show a single frame render of 3D text in the composition Active Camera pane, I timed it).

I've already tried to delete After Effects/CINEMA 4D Lite and reinstall. I've also purged the memory and disk cache and reset all of the preferences.  None of that helped.

Anyone know how to fix this? Is Adobe working on a fix?

-Hank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 students with the same issue, Has anything been done about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Cmon Adobe. Respond to this please.

There are people paying money for your software. 

This feature does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried all the workarounds offered in this thread (I see that you responded there as well):

Warning: older Cinema 4d render engine is running

I would contact costumer service directly and see if a live agent via remote desktop can offer better assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

They are the same questions.

And they have the some answer from Adobe:

"nothing"

No meaningful response.

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Roei Tzoref <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's unfortunate. the best you could do I guess is to file a bug report if you haven't already and wait for the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Snowman,

Did you solve this issue yet? Try updating the software and see if you can get C4D working again. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue and losing valuable time and money, can you share a REAL workaround for this issue please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines