Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download already purchased LR 6 on other device

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think I have a pretty sipmle question: I purchased LR6 as a CD Version that I already installed on my computer. Due to travel reasons, I have a different device with me that, unfortunately, has no CD drive.

I copied the entire Adobe LR folder from my "old" computer ang have it with me.

Is there any chance to get this running on my travel computer?

Thanks a lot

Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

simonm83  wrote

Appreciate your help. So there's no need to purchase it again, right? Just installing, taking existing serial number from my original purchase and that's it?!

Beste Grüße

Simon Mewes

If you only have Lightroom installed on 1 computer and are looking to install it on a 2nd computer, the answer is Yes, no need to purchase Lightroom again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom must be installed on the computer. You can download the installation file from the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

After you install the main program, you need to install the most recent update. You can try installing the update from the help menu in Lightroom. If that doesn't work then you can go back to that link and click on the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 link and install the topmost update. Note that the updates will take care of both Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC. In order to activate the program it will be necessary for you to enter the serial number that you entered when you installed Lightroom on the other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your help. So there's no need to purchase it again, right? Just installing, taking existing serial number from my original purchase and that's it?!

Beste Grüße

Simon Mewes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're allowed for two concurrent activations out of even more installations - for instance if you have 2 different laptops and 2 desktops. The activation is registered within Adobe and you need to deactivate LR from the help menu to free up an activation, otherwise you can not activate a different instance. You need web access to activate/deactivate.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simonm83  wrote

Beste Grüße

Simon Mewes

If you only have Lightroom installed on 1 computer and are looking to install it on a 2nd computer, the answer is Yes, no need to purchase Lightroom again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

help me, if I'm wrong: I just cannot find the deactivation on adobe.com. I need to (re)install Lightroom 6 (not the abo, I bought the cd oldschool way) on another computer. I don't have the laptop with me, where the original version had been installed back then.

When I try do do ot in my account under "manage plan", i don't have the choice what to do. I can only download new desktop applications.

Is there any chance to get this done?

Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate it 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand this thread, you've got LR6 installed and activated on one computer. You now want to install and activate on a second computer.

If that's the case, there is no need to deactivate anything. Just download, install and activate on your travel computer.

To deactivate (or Sign Out) you launch LR on the computer where you want to deactivate, then click Help > Sign Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what John said, you need to make sure to have web access when signing out.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright guys.

So I can run two versions on two computers that both

are activated. Did I understand this correctly?

So far, thank u so much. Appreciate it

Beste Grüße

Simon Mewes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines