• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR5 Stand alone [Unable to open Canon 80D Raw files in LR5.6]

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble uploading some of my photos.  If I update to the 5.7, will I no longer be able to use the "Develop" module?  Also, these 29 photos don't show the images.    This has happened on my last 3 uploads.  I just upgraded from a Canon T1i to a Canon 80d & think maybe the last uplad is due to the new camera? Not sure...Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 7.39.12 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a serial number for Lightroom 5.x you can update to 5.7.1 at no charge and no reduced functionality from previous 5.x versions.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I've been updating since LR3, which was my original LR.  Not sure I have a serial #? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon 80D needs at least Lr6.5 to read the files directly.  You can use the free DNG converter to convert the files for use on Lr5.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I am so getting in over my head!  The DNG converter comes with LR5.7?  Thank you Bob  Is LR6.5 a stand alone & do I need to pay for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR5 can’t be updated to handle the files from the new camera. You would need to purchase the upgrade to LR6.Alternativly, convert CR2 to Adobe raw (DNG) without any loss of quality.

DNG Converter is free. You can batch convert a whole folder of raw images into Adobe raw (DNG) and the dng files will be backward compatible with your LR5 software

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac  | Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 99jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I would need to upgrade to CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or purchase Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Mr. Hess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upgrade (purchase) to Lightroom CC 2015 or Lightroom 6 and then you get the functionality to import the RAW images from your camera directly into Lightroom.

Or you can download the Adobe DNG Converter (which is totally FREE) version 9.5 or later, and then use this to convert your RAW to DNG files, which can be imported into Lightroom 5.

So you can choose any of the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you dj, I'm so not a techie!  I thank you for your response.  I might just go with LR6 stand alone.  I also have CS5 stand alone, but haven't started using it yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do choose to upgrade to LR6, ensure that you f in return update to the current version 6.10 before you get started with your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines