• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting Broken or being Phased Out?

Explorer ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're relying more and more on Premiere for our various tasks and we'd like to get into writing some scripts to help automate some of the more repetitive jobs, like swapping out the audio tracks and subtitle tracks for international trailers for example. We looked into Premiere SRT and thought about writing some scripts to modify Final Cut Pro xml files like they did but according to their support page it doesn't work with the latest version of Premiere Pro CC. Note that we are not using this app because it is Mac only and the studio where I work at is Linux and Windows only.

So now we're looking into possibly writing some CEP HTML/JavaScript Extensions. I managed to get the Minimalistic Panel working but the more complete example, PProPanel doesn't work in the current 2017.1 v11.0.

My question is if we should continue to look into scripting or if this is no longer going to be supported. All the scripting documentation that I could find is for Creative Cloud 2015 applications so maybe it is being phased out? We don't really want to get into the plug-in SDK because we only need some automation tools that are specific to our needs and want to keep it as simple as possible so our users, who are not programmers, to have access to the code and customize the scripts.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

PProPanel's error has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripting is alive and well Daniel. The PProPanel sample itself is really the defacto documentation for creating/programming Premiere Panels ... it's actively updated. Not sure why it's not working for you?  Did you enable debugging for unsigned extensions?

Other than the excellent sample code, the CEP 7 Cookbook would be the latest generic documentation, I think

CEP-Resources/CEP_7.0_HTML_Extension_Cookbook.pdf at master · Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources · GitHub

Hope it helps

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enabled debugging for unsigned extensions but it looks like I was looking at version 6 instead of version 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! Yep, it's V7 since CC2017.1. Hopefully that will get things going for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PProPanel's error has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bruce.

Your latest changes got the PProPanel sample working for me. Turns out that I was using V7 all time, just reading the documentation for V6, so your's is the more correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wrong like a FOX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines