• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link and adjustment layer question.

Participant ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys

So I have my comp in AE which I have dynamic linked to PP, then I just want to play with some color adjustments so make a new adjustment layer in PP, and drop like normal on top on my AE linked layer.

Now is there any way I can 'lock' my AE layer, as everytime I make a small change to the adjustment layer, I have to render everything again and as you can guess its very frustrating.

I have tried locking (with padlock icon) both layer in AE and PP.

Surely there must be a way around this.

Thank you for any help

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

No, there isn't. That's just how it works. If you realyl are concerned about performance, then render an actual clip or image sequence from AE and use that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there isn't. That's just how it works. If you realyl are concerned about performance, then render an actual clip or image sequence from AE and use that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really! That's disappointing, I love the way you can tweak your after effect comps within PP, and it defeats the purpose if every time you make a small change, it has to render everything from the start. 

Surely Adobe should address this.

Thanks so much for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines