• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make an orbiting circle a circle and not disk around another object?

Enthusiast ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out how to make the little green circle a "globe" as it circles the larger one.  I got it to circle it perfectly but when it circles, it is a "1D" disk not a globe. Below is how I have everything set up - the null is attached to the MOON (the green one) and then Y orient makes the green one go around the blue one.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

moon.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Create an expression on the y rotation of the moon by alt-clicking on the y rotation stopwatch and then pick-whipping it to the nulls y rotation.  Then edit the expression by putting the whole expression in parenthesis and multiply it by -1. i.e. (EXPRESSION) * -1.   That should keep the moon always facing front (as long it's anchor point is centered).  Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create an expression on the y rotation of the moon by alt-clicking on the y rotation stopwatch and then pick-whipping it to the nulls y rotation.  Then edit the expression by putting the whole expression in parenthesis and multiply it by -1. i.e. (EXPRESSION) * -1.   That should keep the moon always facing front (as long it's anchor point is centered).  Does that make sense?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy I think I know why that expression method is not working now.  When I drew the small circle for some odd reason  that little cross hair thing (I think that's the anchor point?)  that's with it is NOT in the center of the circle.  I have no idea why because I drew it exactly the same way as the large one and the anchor is inside of that one.

anchor.png

Can you tell me why that may happen? Can you tell me how to get the anchor back into the middle of the little green circle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how to get the anchor back into the middle of the little green circle?

Ctrl+Alt+Home to center the anchor point or right click->transform>center anchor point in layer content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great thank you Roei and Gutter Fish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines