• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial Version of Lightroom

New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying out the trial version of Lightroom before I subscribe. I'm able to upload photos, but the edit feature is inactive. I'm using Chrome and I've made sure that WebGL is enabled and relaunched the browser, but nothing works. If I can't make the trial version work, I don't feel comfortable subscribing. Anybody else have this issue? I can't find anyplace on the website that offers help for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by upload photos?

Have you imported photos into LR desktop? If so can you use the Develop module?

Or are you talking about editing in the browser using the LR Mobile Web interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, I guess I'm talking about editing in the browser using LR Mobile Web interface. It says Adobe Photoshop Lightroom on the web. I selected try on the web. After creating a login and pw, I was able to select Add Photos, and I selected a single folder from my hard drive. It appeared to upload them, and they are visible. I created a collection and dragged several pictures into it. Then I opened one photo. The edit button in the upper left is grayed out and says "only available in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari and requires WebGL. I googled WebGL and followed instructions to make sure that it is enabled, restarted Chrome and checked again. Still is grayed out.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click edit photo (top left) the develop interface should open on the right with a set of sliders for making adjustments.

Are the photos raw or jpeg? Can you try with other photos?

Are you able to try with a different browser? Simply log-in here with your ID.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your time.

The photos are JPEG. I have not been shooting RAW, since I didn't have a program that would develop them. That's why I want to get Lightroom, but not if it won't work for me.

I can't click the "edit this photo" button, as it is grayed out. It gives me the error message I quoted above: "only available in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari and requires WebGL". I usually use Chrome, but I tried it on Mozilla with the same result. The result is the same with any photo I try.

Very discouraging. I've been using Pixlr online with pretty good results, but it's not as powerful as Lightroom, so I really want to switch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What computer and operating system are you using?

Do you have a mobile phone or tablet device? If so you could try installing the LR mobile App from Google Play (Android) or from the App Store (iOS)

Any photos you have already uploaded should automatically sync when using the same Adobe ID.

https://www.adobe.com/products/lightroom-mobile.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC still running Windows 7 because I'm concerned about whether 10 will slow it down too much.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it on my iPad. However, if it doesn't work on the PC, it's not much good to me. I won't be using the iPad to do the type of editing I want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you install the Creative Cloud desktop app on W7 using this link:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Then go to the apps tab and start the Lightroom trial. You can use it free for 7 days from the moment you start it.

Import some photos, start a collection and mark the collection for sync.

You can then edit photos from Lightroom, LR Mobile on I Pad or LR mobile Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...I followed your suggestion. However, when I try to launch Lightroom, it tells me I am missing a file and to reinstall the program, but there is no option to do that visible on the screen where I first downloaded. So now I have a 7 day useless trial in addition to the 30 day useless trial that I already had. Grrrrrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try by using the direct download. If LR6.0/2015.0 installs, download the 6.10/2015.10 patch.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I take it you are trying Lightroom Mobile without having Lightroom installed on your "regular" computer. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. My intent is to go subscription rather than downloading to desktop, since I would continue to get all updates, etc. Also, since I will probably be replacing this computer within the next few months, I don't want to bother reinstalling software unless I have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A subscription e.g. to the Photography Plan covers the entire LR eco system ( LR CC, Photoshop CC, Bridge CC, LR Mobile Web and LR Mobile for devices and Apple TV) with everything  linked to your Adobe ID. So it’s easy to install on a new 64 bit computer. Each app is installed like regular software even though it is lisenced by subscription. If your existing computer meets the requirements, the trial is a good way to test  the software before you subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

annel11  wrote

Yes. My intent is to go subscription rather than downloading to desktop, since I would continue to get all updates, etc. Also, since I will probably be replacing this computer within the next few months, I don't want to bother reinstalling software unless I have to.

Going subscription does not preclude downloading Lightroom and Photoshop to your desktop or Main computer. Lightroom Mobile works in conjunction with the main Lightroom program, and isn't really complete without the main Lightroom program installed. It is really simple to switch Lightroom to a new computer should you decide to replace your computer in the future. You aren't evaluating the full Lightroom program by trying to work with that trial version of Lightroom Mobile. You really need to install Lightroom on your computer.

Even with the subscription plan, both Lightroom and Photoshop are installed locally on your computer, run locally on your computer, all work is stored locally on your computer. That work can be coordinated with Lightroom Mobile so that you can work remotely with that work using the mobile app. That work done using the mobile app can be synchronized with the main Lightroom application. But you will really want the main program because that is where the full power of Lightroom can be harnessed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines