• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help With Masking

New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have this problem with masking. I want to make a rectangle that covers a text but still being transparent when rendered. Do anyone have an idea? Pls Answer here or contact me on Email.

[email address removed by moderator - please don't post your private email in a public forum]

Thanks in advance, Albert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

still not sure. maybe you want another layer to control the text's opacity? like this?

more about alpha matte here: Luma and Alpha modes in track mattes | Adobe After Effects CC tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not exactly sure what you mean. show us with screenshots what you are set to accomplish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the reply! Could you add me on skype or some sort of communication platform? Would be helpful

Best, Albert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Albert, this is a public forum. other users may benefit from this thread. what exactly is the problem? are you completely new to this software? if so, start here: After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC at least cover some basics before you dive in.

if all you want is to have a rectangle above your text and reduce it's transparency, then as Simon suggested toggle the opacity for that rectangle and set it to the percentage you want:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make a rectangle with 0 opacity but make the text behind it invisible. So Its like a solid colour just that when I render it, I want it to be fully transparent. Hope you understand me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not sure. maybe you want another layer to control the text's opacity? like this?

more about alpha matte here: Luma and Alpha modes in track mattes | Adobe After Effects CC tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks good! I want to make a Text slide to the right and appear from no where. Thats why I want a rectangle that covers it so the text appears behind the transparent rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then alpha matte setup will work for you (same as my screenshot). not all that's left is to move the text with position keyframes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx! I really appreciated your help!

Cheers Mate!

Albert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should put a rectangle over the text and then give the rectangle a transparency value like about 80%.

This should do it.

Best,

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines