Exit

Premiere Pro cc not playing in timeline

Participant ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got started on Premiere pro CC and this is what`s not making sence to me

I have a iMac and my movies are on an USB harddrive

I import some small clip and the movie is about 3 minutes now.

1) when the headset is pluged in - I can hear sound.. when I disconnect the headset I sometimes can both see and hear the movie. Sometimes I only can see the movie and not hear it.

2) sometimes the movie would not start to play when I hit the spacebar on the keyboard.

Can somebody help me out here? Is it a bug. This did not happend when I used Premiere Pro cs6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Please apply the update that was released today. It includes improvements in the interaction of Premiere Pro with audio drivers on Mac, which could resolve the kind of issues you're reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your audio hardware mapping. Premiere's playback will break down if it's told to target an audio device or channel that doesn't exist (e.g. because something was unplugged and a mapped headphone socket has reverted to a default input socket)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... I will look into it when I get back home

But why does sometimes the movie on the timeline - does not start playing when I hit the spacebar on the keyboard... ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what happens if there's no valid audio route. The transport controls under the monitor will change from 'play' to 'pause' but the footage itself won't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please apply the update that was released today. It includes improvements in the interaction of Premiere Pro with audio drivers on Mac, which could resolve the kind of issues you're reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BS!  Still not working in 2015.4  I have tried on two seperate computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have layed back 17 masters with no problem now  I can't play back my time line.  That is as of today. Sept, 20th 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once upon a time we could play back an Entire project from the time line. Have not been able to do that for years. Mind you no close captioning was involved back then. We now create a master file, which we would have to do for back up anyway. I have found sometimes when you name a file for example "Lake_Muskoka" and then the next version "Lake Muskoka_1" and so on, by the time you get to your final version or in this case use a name that was used already then deleted the system gets confused. Rename the file something completely different. and suddenly it plays back. Another trick is to copy the file to another drive. Then copy it pack to your video drive. That has also worked. I did both of these things and it now works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I had this problem as well. I installed Adobe Premiere Pro CC on a Windows 10 Acer and had no playback at all.

I tried to clear the cache as someone suggested but that made no difference.

In the end I went to Edit > Preferences > Playback and under "Video Device" was a little box called "Adobe DV" which was unchecked. I checked it and the video played back just fine!

Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem this morning and isabellem's solution worked for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem and the Box "Adobe DV" was unchecked also.  Fixed the problem.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, wow...I can't believe that worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

maybe you have imported 2 video flowders having same clip name 
try to rename second clips with diferant name 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines