Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk Error

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm desperate. Photoshop keeps telling me my scratch disk is full and I can't do anything. I can't copy an image to another file and I can't do many normal operations.

I have already deleted many, many files.

A few details:

• I have a macbook air with 93 GB of free space of 250 total
  • I just updated Photoshop

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 3.58.19 PM.png

I have searched Google extensively

• I don't have any partitions or additional hard drives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Hi,

I got a response from Adobe. They said to Update Photoshop to the latest version and then reset the preferences once.

Preferences in Photoshop

I did that and the problem seems to have gone away.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was resent  bug in Photoshop where Photoshop kept  filling users  scratch space on some machines.  I believe it has been fixed. Do you have all update installed? Current CC  2017 is version CC 2017.1.1

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&sort=updatedDesc&q=scratch+full

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did update Photoshop to the latest version and tried again with a normal sized file to duplicate one layer and it kept saying scratch disk full.. I nearly emptied my hard drive... I wonder if Photoshop does not purge the scratch disk after an update. I thought about uninstalling photoshop all together and reinstalling but I'm afraid of losing all my presets.

By what I read on the thread it seems it hasn't been fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user I work with is having the same issue, or at least a similar issue. Win 7, latest version of PS. When opening a project and clicking on a tool, the message pops up. Or dragging an existing project from the desktop: same thing. The hard drive has 146gb free.

Why is this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I got a response from Adobe. They said to Update Photoshop to the latest version and then reset the preferences once.

Preferences in Photoshop

I did that and the problem seems to have gone away.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines