• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015.10 & Windows 10

Enthusiast ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom works fine, as near as I can tell but if I select Import, I get the "spinning circle" and nothing happens. I have not even inserted my SD at this point but I was able to read the SD card on this PC and transfer the contents to my HDD as an alternate method to import but the same results. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

If you are saying that if your first launch the Import dialog without connecting your camera or SD card, I can see where some timeout value is going to be used when trying to find the missing connection.

You should first connect your camera or insert the SD card into a card reader, then launch the Import dialog in LR.

(A card reader is the better option.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are saying that if your first launch the Import dialog without connecting your camera or SD card, I can see where some timeout value is going to be used when trying to find the missing connection.

You should first connect your camera or insert the SD card into a card reader, then launch the Import dialog in LR.

(A card reader is the better option.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Thoughts-

Without the SD card inserted, Lightroom is searching your entire computer (thousands of files) to find everything to import, hence the "spinning wheel". It will stop eventually

As ManiacJoe says- insert the card first, and use a card reader. Then select it in the 'Source' panel.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines