• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems adding controls to, and annotating an MP4

New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported an MP4 onto an AS3 stage and it resides in frame #1 but won't play out unless I give it the full footage it needs, namely about 1000 frames. So I insert a blank key frame at 1000 then ctl/enter and it plays out to end. Great. Now the next problem is how to annotate it with text boxes and arrows ("locants") that point to features of the video. I can draw these in but I can't find where they go and can't set them up to track the feature because the video has no intermediate frames, just one long grey bar. So I have to play the video over and over again and nudge the locants into place. Very labor intense. How can I solve this problem? Can I convert the MP4 into another format that has frames that I can parallel with the locants in another layer? Secondly, I can make a button that works fine on the stage but the video is immune to it. Why is this so?....Example= place a pause button on the stage, set it to goto and stop at frame 200, draw something on frame 200 for a visual confirm, then ctl/enter and click the button. The actionscript takes the movie straight to frame 200 and stops cold, but the video keeps running on past it seamlessly....why is this?

Thanks in advance....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use an flvplayback component to play your video and add cuepoints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cuepoints have been deprecated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only thing deprecated about cuepoints is their entry in the properties panel which was never of any use (imo).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following tutorials about them but got nowhere - can't even find how to add them in MediaEncoder.

Also noticed the quality of flvplayback was worse than with html5. Is that an error on my part or standard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the advice of using flvplayback and it does allow for my video to play in full while residing in frame #1, i.e. it doesn't need to have a blank keyframe at its end in order to play in full. However, I see no way of adding cuepoints and read that it is deprecated here: (https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/video-cue-points.html​) as confirmed by daniel81823114. Adobe documentation says to use the Media Encoder for adding cuepoints, but I can't find a way to do so there either. There is no provision in the settings for converting an MP4 into a format that will accept cuepoints....

Further, if the video resides in frame #1 then one can't very well have another layer paralleling it with cue points at desired frames downstream. One can draw them in and nudge them into place as i pointed out in my first posting, but this is very labor intense...

So the query still remains unanswered....help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sounding more and more like something that should be done in After Effects or Premiere. Flash/Animate is for creating animations, not annotating videos. You probably can do it, but it'll be like driving a nail with a screwdriver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in answer to the Encoder issue above, this tutorial shows the facility for inserting cuepoints in an old Encoder version....the current 2017 version doesn't have that facility nor does it have provision for outputting an FLV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDMqBTqONKg

in answer to the p.s. of kglad, I'm referring to an old tutorial of an early flash version that has a movie composed of individual frames preoccupying lengthy footage in one layer instead of residing in the first frame as is currently done. With this old version, a second layer can be placed in parallel to it with cues along its length where needed in the first layer.....no script is necessary....this approach is long gone

I'm going to check out After Effects and Premiere now as advised by Clay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ame can only add cuepoints to flv/f4v files, Adobe Media Encoder * Working with cue points for FLV and F4V video files

use actionscript.  you can add cuepoints to everything that an flv pb component can play (including MP4, M4A, MOV, MP4V, 3GP, and 3G2).

p.s. i didn't understand this: Further, if the video resides in frame #1 then one can't very well have another layer paralleling it with cue points at desired frames downstream. One can draw them in and nudge them into place as i pointed out in my first posting, but this is very labor intense...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines