• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just wondering how I input my serial number into LR 5

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded LR5 & started the trial to test it out. 30 days later, trial is expired and I decide to purchase a serial number. After purchasing it on the Adobe website, I'm wondering how & where I input my new serial number to continue use of LR5. Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the trial version is first started there is an initial screen indicating how many days are remaining in your trial. There are options on that screen, including one to indicate that you have a serial number. If you choose that option you will be guided to an input screen where you can enter the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer can view that screen, or dialogue box. I know exactly what you're talking about (because a few years ago I did the same thing with PS), but this time around, I didn't get that dialogue box, or option to input a serial number. I've tried quitting & re-opening LR as well. Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the creative cloud trial version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I believe so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I purchasd the regular version (non CC?) for $149

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed the trial version from the creative cloud then it will be necessary for you to uninstall that version because it needs an Adobe ID and Adobe password, not a serial number. Then you can install from the package that you purchased, and it will enable you to enter your serial number. Following the installation and entering of the serial number, Lightroom will open the catalog that you started while using the trial version, and all of your work will still be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Any advice on how to uninstall the trial version I've already downloaded? I get this when I tryScreen Shot 2015-01-18 at 8.12.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on a Mac I believe all you have to do is drag the application to the trash. But I'm not sure what you do about the application manager because you won't be able to use it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I did that (and followed the download directions in an email I was sent after the LR purchase), I get to the screen where the download link should be and I see this: Not applicable. Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 8.24.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! It worked. Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem but I am using photoshop. Do you know if there is any other way to download the photoshop trial without using creative cloud? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nicochulin wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem but I am using photoshop. Do you know if there is any other way to download the photoshop trial without using creative cloud? Thanks.

You'd probably be much better off asking your question in the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

|how will i manually find the Frame that requires me to input serial number if it doesn't display audotmatically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@tukmolm

State the problem clearly. Describe the problem from the beginning. State what version NUMBER of Lightroom you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines